Farmers wanted!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zarkdon, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Zarkdon Augur

Now that we have eliminated a significant portion of those naughty bot farmers we have plenty of openings for you glorious not bot farmers to sell your stuff in the bazaar.

Please get to work, I want to buy tradeskill stuff and don't want to farm it myself.
    Fenthen and Endorek like this.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

This is why i dont mind botters especially the one that sell the tradeskill stuff. The less tradeskill stuff i can buy off people the less i can make.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Knifen Augur

Does everyone know what happens to prices when supply goes down and demand remains the same?
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Prices go up, then actual players start farming more because its worth it and it stabilizes again.
    Fenthen, Dre., Yinla and 7 others like this.
  5. KarmaKitty Augur

Love finding botter dumps. They can be a gold mine.

If you all can't bother to go 1 zone away from the lag pile and spend five minutes killing a few newb
    fodder mobs, I have no problem doing it for you at 5000pp or more per item. Especially, when some
    other player is doing the same and charging 10x more.

Yes, the odd person undercuts me from time to time, but not often. Happens way more with collectables.

Would be nice if there were some actual newbs performing this function, but I have not seen and actual newb in a newb zone in months.
  6. Zilkress Journeyman

you would think so.. but EQ has proven that not to be the case most people will farm just what they need as to pay outrageous Bazaar prices. By the normal rules of supply and demand you would be correct however the insular economy in EQ has shown people to only be lazy to a point.
    Knifen likes this.
  7. Herf Augur

Moving to Ukraine? :)
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

If people are paying the prices then it obviously isnt outrageous to them, its worth it.
    If you dont want to pay you can always farm your own.
    Its not a valid issue if we dont have cheap cheat labor.

And on the plus side, this gives a market for new players to be able to sell their stuff for a meaningful price. Win!
    Andarriel, Bigstomp and Nennius like this.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

Do you know what happens to a stock price when you issue more stock? Do you know what happens to a currency when you print more of that currency?

The issue with farming in EQ is it doesn't just produce tradeskill items causing an over supply and drop prices. It also produces platinum (actual plat and vendor items which create plat). The supply of materials goes down, but so does the supply of platinum.

Make sure you understand currencies when referencing supply chains.
    Andarriel and Svann2 like this.
  10. Laronk Augur

First the bazaar needs to be revamped so that it isn't crap. On FV I have TONS of stuff I could sell but it rots in my bank because setting up a trader sucks.
  11. Laronk Augur

I don't think people fully understand that even poor automation adds up. There's ~ 730 hours in a month (365.25 days X 24 hours / 12 months = 730.5 hours)

Just in vendor / plat drops if a botters character was averaging 5k plat per hour that's 3650000 plat a month. While for some players that really isn't a lot but IMO I used a very low per hour number and a bot would potentially be able to farm quite a bit more per hour while fully afk.
    Jumbur likes this.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Unless you're playing on a fresh TLP, 5k an hour is really low. Really, really low.
  13. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

[IMG]
  14. Laronk Augur

Oh I just wanted to illustrate how a small number like 5k an hour grows if it just runs 24/7 as almost any player can achieve the 5k an hour figure. And 3.6 million is around a krono I think on most servers.
  15. Moege Augur

So you want players to put a group together go farm stuff so they can sell it on the bazaar. It goes over really well in a group when you say I'm rolling so I can go sell it in the bazaar. Almost a guarantee to never get a group invite again.

Yeah no thanks. If I go farming its for what I need and not a drop more. Already a pita to get enough solo or rolling in group for it.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea i can make alot just killing in the mech guardian lots of clockworks and sells good to vendor. Thats what i did for a good while when i was down to 10k pp haha. I do farm there time to time for drop though to make tradeskill belts.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Botters are the cause of inflation in the first place. Normal players don't grind 24/7 and therefore don't gather as much plat/vendor trash as the botters. The bazaar is already lost, the only thing you see in there has absurdly inflated prices. Everything is priced under the assumption that everyone else has hundreds of thousands of plat just lying around.

We have reached the point where people unironically advice newbies to buy a krono...:(

Besides, Im boycotting /baz, until I can sell stuff while Im adventuring(I refuse to run multiple accounts). And Im boycotting /bar, until they pay more than a random vendor.

I want a WoW-styled auction-house...

As an alternative, DBG could enforce a minimum price for /bar, that was higher than the vendor-price...Im sure that would help to put tradeskill-supplies in circulation...:)
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  18. Vumad Cape Wearer

I don't see the part on the graph about printing money. Can you explain which line covers printing money?

Business supply chain management graphs do not include that data because businesses do not print money when they create a product and they do not stop printing money when they stop producing a product.

People farming items in EQ are also farming plat. When the supply of items decreases in Everquest, the supply of platinum also decreases. They are in a direct relationship with each other. That is not represented in your graph.
    Fenthen and Knifen like this.
  19. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

but the automated box crews farming destroys the market value of those items for real players and work such low margins that it makes it worthless for real players to pursue.
    Vumad likes this.
  20. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Amen.

I've had a bugreport unanswered for 2 weeks now about my traders baz.ini file disappearing at login. I can set him up in offline trader mode, but when I reenter world, the file just <poofs> and all prices are lost. I can'r reenter trader until I reset prices. i'm on a new server dealing with this s_h_i_t, but because it's not "upvoted" and only happening to me apparently, devs are ignoring it. Just because it's not a popular bug, doesn't make it less of a bug. It's game breaking.