boxing tlp please.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, Mar 14, 2022.

1. FranktheBank Augur

Krono and Sub are effectively the same, so yes, they are.

You have so much nonsense in your posts, its really hard to quote everything relevant. So I'll try to be concise about the points.

First, I dont "extreme" box. So I don't have a personal dog in this fight. I 3-4 box on mischief and have previously 6 boxed on live.

This is idiotic for two reasons. First, trying to arm-chair psychologist is absurd. I think you're a controlling maniac who only wants people the play the game his way. Second, there are people that box that don't do it for krono.

Man, that's a crazy fast backpedal. Thank you for agreeing with me.
    Skuz, Nessirfiti and Gormgeous like this.
  2. Nessirfiti Augur

Absolutely right, I've never bought a krono in game, Only ever bought one to sell once, on Phinny for a sky crown for my mage.

Farming plat is a ton of work, and I've got no patience for that. And this games Bazaar while revolutionary for its time, is really really dumb.
  3. Oops Apprentice

Hopefully two different servers. Hopefully one is Selos type without truebox
    HowDidIEndUpBackHere likes this.
  4. Houndsy Journeyman

The Bazaar is one of the things I hate most about moving past Velious. I love the social aspect of buying/selling/trading in early EQ. I loved seeing people in and around the tunnel. People porting, handing out buffs, buying, selling, trading, bargaining, offering crafting services... It's one of the many things I love about early EQ and why I can enjoy it over and over. I really can't remember another game I've played that had a similar draw. Maybe UO's Brit bank... lol. But most people sold on housing vendors in that game.

I'm not sure how many people it would P off, but I really wish they would just remove the Bazaar. But I'm prob in the minority on that. *shrug*
  5. Nessirfiti Augur

Oh, don't mistake my issues with the bazaar as preferring wasting time in EC, I just hate the bother of setting up a trader.
  6. Magician9001 Augur

No you're IQ just to low to understand.

If a toon is logged on 24 hours a day it will move the server population needle the same amount as 12 chars logged on 2 hours a day. But those 12 toons take 12 subs and the 1 bot on 24/7 takes 1. Even though Aradune has like 10x the population as Rizlona it's lower on the server population during certain times of night. But at the same time it's making DBG 10x the money.
  7. Gormgeous Elder

Most people sign out on Riz. If you have all your own buffers you don't have to sit in the buff pile and come back when you wake up.

Riz also goes also to medium about 40% of the time over any given week according to resource site tracking server status history. Aradune has hit high ~10% of the time in the last week, low ~10% of the last week, and was medium for the rest of the time.
  8. Magician9001 Augur

They don't get paid by population of the server they get paid by subs.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

The mental gymnastics is hilarious.
  10. HowDidIEndUpBackHere Elder

We can dream, can't we? :(
  11. mark Augur

one boxing and one non boxing tlp make the boxers happy and the single players happy also,make it so the single player server one account for ip,so all the boxing haters have a place to play.
  12. mark Augur

one question how many of you guys know guildies that box and dont box and who is in the majority of active accounts,most of the people i play in guild and group with are boxers or would like to box if they had a boxing server like rizlona starting from scratch.
  13. Rcbauer Augur

They could still play on Rizlona
  14. mark Augur

thats like saying why should daybreak launch 2 tlps everyear when people can play on rizlona mischief etc,because we like new servers for different reasons a random loot server would be awsome with boxing allowed so i dont have to run 6pc and i love classic to pop.
  15. mark Augur

rcbauer you tried to deflect my question,just answer how many people in your guild box compared to single account players ?
  16. Gormgeous Elder

Oddly, Rizlona was included in the recent suspension wave.

Also, Rizlona's population would like a chance to experience the wonder and majesty of droppable random loot rules.
  17. Rcbauer Augur

I know a bunch of people that 3+ box non-stop on Aradune that weren't hit.
    I suspect those that got the hammer were using a certain software.
  18. Gormgeous Elder

Most definitely for Rizlona. But a 7 day suspension on 1 account for everyone isn't 'the hammer'. It's just signaling.

What reason would someone who is a truebox fan have against a similar boxing ruleset launched at the same time? Wouldn't it be a positive for the truebox server? Then the only large scale boxers you see on the truebox server are probably RMT/Kronolords who found some way around the truebox protections? Any other boxer would just be on the boxing server to avoid drama and the immensely easier setup.
  19. Sythrak20 Elder

This guy for real? Take a step back and think about what you're saying.
  20. Gormgeous Elder

I stopped replying to him. I tried to explain but he stuck with it. Best not to engage.