Catching up on Mischief, should I bother trying.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Falafel, Mar 31, 2022.

1. a_librarian Augur

None of the people on the server to farm krono are leaving any time soon. Once you have your box army set up the effort:reward ratio of selling raid loot to whales in the first week of an expansion is probably as good as any krono farm a new server offers. Seriously there's no way people who have invested time in making box armies are leaving until the population collapses in like 1-2 years.
  2. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

3. Moforyguy Elder

I hope you are right about Krono farmers not leaving cuz a fresh server without so many of them would be sweet.
  4. Rcbauer Augur

They gone!
    They hope the sheep stray to the new servers as well.
  5. Magician9001 Augur

It will take less time to do 1-65+200AA on Thornblade then it will to do 1-50 on a Classic server. You can get a full set of good enough raid gear for less then it cost for a 40 slot bag.

Easy choice.Thornblade. Unless of course you wanna kill Naggy for the 100th time.
  6. Nr1CoolGuy New Member

That's a bold statement.

I can get to 50 by Sunday morning, if the server launches on Wed afternoon. That's even taking into account queue issues on a new server launch.

I doubt seriously if people can get level 65 and 200aa in that amount of time.
  7. Kahna Augur

There was at least 1 65 zerker on Mischief with 200+ AA's within 48 hours of GoD launch. And that is just the one I knew about. I am sure there were more.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And how much help was involved? It is one thing to level up fast with a good support system and another to come back and try to catch up on your own.
  9. Magician9001 Augur

1/20th of a Krono buys a velious twink weapon. You'd be surprised how fast a group can level when everyone has 3x the damage of a charmed pet
  10. Kahna Augur

I doubt a brand new person would be getting to 65 and 200AA in 2 days, but a person without an established group is going to struggle to get to 50 in 4 days on a brand new server. So it seemed a fair comparison.

I recently leveled a twink. I spent less than 20kpp on it, 1/10th of a krono. I was 20 in Paludal in a day, messed around solo to 25 in a couple zones then headed to Guk. A nice group that was PLing some alts invited me to join them and I was 43 by the end of day 2. Hit up Velks and found a few folks to kill spiders with, 50 by the end of day 3. It does slow down a bit through the 50's, but I was 60 after 4 days in GE. 60-65 was easy, just head to Paw, took less than a week. A casual paw group can get 20 AA in a 2-3 hours, and there are plenty of Paw groups.

So, casual but committed and I'd say 2-3 weeks to get to 65 with 200AA. But you can join a raid guild at 65 with bare minimum AA. 50 AA is probably closer to what you want before you go guild hunting.
  11. Rcbauer Augur

There was one faster than that on Aradune IIRC.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would disagree, sure an established group helps on a new server but that is still different then having an already leveled up group power leveling someone. In the end I don't think it matters what server they are playing on but I don't think we should be using PL speeds to say what a player can get to.
  13. Kahna Augur

The individual I was quoting in that post said he doubted anyone on Mischief could get to 65 with 200 AA's faster than he could get to 50 on a fresh server. He said he was 50 by Sunday morning when the server opens on Wed. I was pointing out that it was doable.
  14. Kahna Augur

I don't know the exact time it took, I just heard about it on day 2, but I'm hardly "in the know" on such things so it may have been faster.
  15. Hykaro Journeyman

I think servers become more enjoyable when there is a new TLP release. A lot of the forum warriors, and hi-energy EQ alphas move on to the new release. There is always guild the remain behind, and are very successful through the entire server. My guess would be 3-5 competitive guilds, and then diminishing to 1-3 as the server gets older.

In other words, playing Mischief / Thornblade is totally fine. Just find a guild you vibe with and you will be able to enjoy the non-traditional EQ expacs.

GL HF!
  16. Rcbauer Augur

1-65 and 200 AA are a breeze on a server at GoD.
    Faster xp
    Paw
    buddies to help.
    You can get 1-43 in a couple hours and then just soak in Paw.
  17. sieger Augur

I'm going to hit you with honesty no one else has--yes, it is too late for you to catch up on Mischief. Why? Because this song and dance plays out every TLP over and over. The reality is if you are the type of player who is able to catch up on an already in-progress TLP you don't post threads to the EQ TLP forums about it. You log in, and you get it done. You do not have the personality type or the game playing style to do this, you will drift around aimlessly and not get much done before giving up and waiting on the next TLP. Save yourself the time.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think it is a bit early to call the server dead when it is the first of its kind ruleset and there is no indication that the new server will have a similar ruleset.
  19. FranktheBank Augur

I want to know what part of that you read and got "he called the server dead" from.
    Hekkthebank likes this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

From what I read they said don't bother because the next TLP is coming out and that is where you should be.