Serious discussion about the new TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by UNDEADCRUSHER, Apr 5, 2022.

1. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

The new TLP needs a serious discussion about what the ruleset could be. So far i have seen nothing but trolling and sarcasm. Since apparently everyone hacks and DPG doesn't want to fix that, i guess that means PVP is out of the question. So what could it really be.
  2. Kahna Augur

Why is a serious discussion needed? No one knows what it will be other than DPG, who has already decided what it will be. Discussion passes the time, but accomplishes little else. Sarcasm and trolling pass the time just as nicely.
  3. Truetotheblue Augur

There is no discussion to be had. We don't get input. DPG decides. Everything is trolling and speculation. You've been taking part in that yourself as you've posted several ideas and threads about this already. Relax and chill until they tell us. Last year it was at the end of April. Expect something similar this time. Hang out til they announce it is all you can do.
  4. Moforyguy Elder

I heard they are releasing a server sometime in May that starts between Classic and GOD, experience gain is between Coirnov and Selo's. CAN"T WAIT!!!!
  5. Derd Augur

Seriously, it will not now or ever be pvp. Seriously it will be whatever research has shown to generate the most interest.
    Dre. likes this.
  6. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

The research has been conducted.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

PvP is not "out of the question" due to hacks DPG doesn't want to fix.

PvP players simply have not been able or willing to show up in enough numbers to justify making a PvP TLP, and instead of banding together to actually DO something about that they just mouth off on the forums & blow smoke up everyone's backside about how they are the cure for bots.

So if you want less trolling & sarcasm stop crying on the forums & have a thousand or so PvPers show up on Zek, you'll all look a lot more credible then.
  8. urbanbo70 Elder

My psychic tells me set of defiant armor and epic for the low price of $199.
  9. Truetotheblue Augur

To put some minor data up against the great "demand" for PvP in EQ, EQE has available their population numbers by server. P99, being the most relatable to TLPs, has a PvP server and 2 PvE servers. The PvP server (as of this post) has a grand total of 41 players logged in, versus 631 and 494 on the separate PvE servers. Zek also shows virtually no life. Not direct evidence, but at least something to go off of to see the stomach EQ players have for PvP.
  10. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

population is not a very good measurement. There's other fresher PvP 's which have higher populations than the old r99 server. Also 's do not allow boxing in any form so this greatly reduces the population.
  11. Stagentti Augur

That isn't the reason PVP is out of the question as a server possibility.
  12. Truetotheblue Augur

I agree. But it's more concrete, and verifiable, as opposed to someone coming on the forums and saying "everyone wants PVP now!1!!1." As I mentioned, it's not direct, but it is an avenue to see somewhat of a comparison that provides more insight than comments with no data.
  13. Merika Journeyman

EQ2 just had their tlp news released 30 mins ago. So hopefully ours is coming
  14. Truetotheblue Augur

EQ2 also had a TLP release in Feb. So they aren't quite equal there. Varsoon was also announced earlier this year in their road map so the info is not new.
  15. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

I gotta be honest this is shaping up to be a fantastic discussion on the new TLP. But theres one thing thats missing. We need to get rid of the FV loot system. It promotes bot farmers too much.

Also there should possibly be a PVP arena added to the most commonly populated zones for duels. And it should be only 2 players can enter at any time and place wagers on the duels.
    Hekkthebank likes this.
  16. Trox2010 Augur

I believe Freeport and Qeynos already have an Arena where PvP is enabled (Cabilis also when Kunark launches). You should be able to easily get to at least one of those three with very little effort. Also pretty sure no one ever visits them, so can duel to your hearts content with little worry.

You also have the Arena zone, but that is used in Guild Events a lot of time so may not be as free; granted most times Guilds will leave you alone as long as you leave them alone.

Not sure if there is any other spots open PvP spots though.
  17. Dominate Augur

Which used to be no-drop items are "botters" farming on Mischief that they wouldn't on a normal server? Botters don't AFK farm items on Mischief, they farm raw plat. Raw plat is tradeable.

The real money on mischief is the raid loot. You can't "bot" raids.

As always, free trade is a boon to casuals. It gives the individual the most agency for their gameplay path. On non free-trade servers you have to raid 3x a week in whichever time-zone guild fits your schedule. Not everyone can, nor wants to, do that. Free-trade coupled with random loot is by far the best thing for casual EQ players since the Jboots got changed.

Also, yeah, a pvp arena with some cool rules would be a fun and positive thing, imo.
    code-zero and Hekkthebank like this.
  18. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

Yes thats right but its out of the way and no ones going there just to PVP, if you put it right inside the EC tunnel and add a vendor to place bets, people will PVP all the time. And if anyone hacks they will be watched and reported by many. Just add an area ajacent to the EC tunnel main room for PVP betting and arena.
  19. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

You cant bot raids but you can multi box it. ive seen it.
  20. Arclyte Augur

We need to have a serious discussion about Mayor Gubbin. People claim he's the richest halfling that has ever lived. People claim he got his wealth from a "treasure trove of faerie folk". Does anyone believe such a lie? How can we tolerate an entire race of thieves robbing adventurers? HOW MANY VICTIMS DOES MAYOR GUBBIN HAVE?