Confirmed Cleric Merc No Longer Cures Diseases

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Amelnara, Mar 12, 2022.

1. Soulbanshee Augur

What level? A or J merc? Do you happen to have accidentally blocked any of the cure spells thinking they are the short term heals that aren't effective? Can you look in your logs to find the name of the cure thats cast when you are ooc?
  2. LesserArchi Elder

Merc is J5, max level.
    I can remember far back as ToV, been killing the blood ma (??) in GD.
    (have not played too much on CoV)
    Recent ones are in ToL, Tess Zelinstein & Xenacious Vondeek.
    It appears they run their coursed while fighting.

I have recently blocked the delayed heal on the pets, don't remember doing it for the toons, not too sure.
    edit: I blocked the following heal spells on toons and pet (looking at it and realizing it RK III are for the player spells)
    Promised Recuperation Rk III
    Devout Exilir RK III
    Complete heal

I've checked the log file location but I do not see any player toon log files, only the bazaar toon log file for some reason.

I do see few playing toon log file but it dated back to 1/16/2022 and only have like 14KB size.
    only see 2 our of 8 toons.
    (actually it's bazaar log also, must have sold some pet toys to guild members).
  3. Yarmeth Journeyman

I have some interesting information on the curing of Restless Ice Infection.

First, I never got a battle cure for Restless Ice Infection from my Merc. So all of the following information is while I was out of battle and resting. (none of my battles lasted up to the 2 minute mark)

I discovered that my T5 Merc prefers healing me for a time before curing me. It seems It will cure me with around 2 minutes left on the Infection. It was using Hallowed Elixir to heal me and it cast it multiple times. Then, around the 2 minute mark it used Word of Greater Rejuvenation Rk. II and cured me.

I blocked Hallowed Elixir thinking I could force it to cure me right away. Nope! It just decided to use Refreshing Splash and Guileless Remedy and even Fervent Light (all Rk. II spells). But at around the 2 minute mark, it finally cured me with Word of Greater Rejuvenation.

So there you have it. My T5 Merc will cure Restless Ice Infection. (Not Restless Ice) but it depends on it's mood I guess.

Such a very strange AI. :rolleyes:
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

So basically, like with heals, it won't use the best cure available...assuming it even can cast Sanctified Blood.

Has anyone checked log files to see if the healer mercs ever cast that spell?
  5. Yarmeth Journeyman

I've not seen it cast by my Merc. (Sanctified Blood)

Shortly after I posted this my Merc hit me with a battle cure of Restless Ice! It used Word of Greater Rejuvenation Rk II. I blocked Fervent Light Rk. II also prior. So now Hallowed Elixir and Fervent Light are blocked.

We'll see if this improved behavior continues.

The reason I am seeing all of this with Restless Ice and my Merc, is that I am grinding out evolving my Righteous Convoker's Earring of Rallos Zek. It takes 30 Giants in Kael to gain 1% evolution. So I am seeing a lot of giants as it is currently at 21%
  6. Questerian_Zek New Member

merc is not curing curse line either
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

So the main issue here is limited intelligence in the AI. The AI calculates DPS you are taking and tries to choose between healing or doing other things. Part of that is curing. If in it's limited intelligence it thinks you will die if it does something else, it would try and heal you instead of curing you.

And sometimes they are just dumb about it. In a larger group, they prioritize the person in combat with the NPC, even if another character, not in combat, might be dying from a DoT. Sometimes this seems to be taken too far and if you are not in combat at all, it ignores the DoT killing you.

If we give curing too much priority, it might cure you while you have a DoT AND are taking NPC damage, and then while it is curing you, you die from the DoT damage.

Basics, the Mercs are dumb. While smarter than normal NPCs, they are still dumb.

If you can come up with a consistent, reproducible situation, we might be able to look further into this.
    Axxius, Mostcus, Yarmeth and 2 others like this.
  8. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Merc Utility Mode (switch to it at your own peril):

Cleric: Cures
    Wizard: Succors
    Rogue: Picks Lock
    Tank: Picks Nose
    Mostcus, Tropi and Wulfhere like this.
  9. Wulfhere Augur

But sir, you are the game designer. You design elements of the game that work together constructively or destructively. If mercs are destructive elements of the game, then all is well and sure fess up. Otherwise fix the game design and its broken elements.

To wit, ff a merc healer does not understand the severity of the DoTs that are on its group, and cannot act accordingly, well then you, Mr Game Designer, should not be creating said DoTs. Well, that is unless you also introduce player agency (cure potions, cure abilities) that can handle said mechanic. If the answer is "invite a real priest class" then again the merc is broken by design, so fix it.
    B0HICA and Mostcus like this.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

Then give us the ability to tell the merc what spells to cast and which to ignore. Give the merc 4 spell slots and let us determine which spells they "mem" for each situation...just like players have different spell sets for different situations.

I'd rather my toon die with the merc doing what I told it to do than die because the merc was casting some random spell that had no bearing on the situation.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  11. Hegsheoshed Augur

The healers mercenaries will cure stuff once you are out of combat usually. What I noticed was that the Wind of Tashanian 'buff' some kind mob gave me was no longer worthy of a cure poison cast. I don't think they use Radiant Cure as I have never seen a healer mercenary use it to remove any Malo type 'buff'. Something has changed since any form of Tash usually gets cured after a fight.
  12. Malbro Augur

Mine used to cast antidote when I'm done with the fight. Now it doesn't even do that. It seems the number 120 is the magical number, before I reach that level, it would cure stuff.
    Rondor likes this.
  13. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

Something has definitely changed. Even after getting hit with restless Ice, and with the mob dead for quite a time, mercs are Not attempting to cure:
    Code:
    04/05/22 02:13:05 PM    Restless Ice enters your veins.
    04/05/22 02:13:07 PM    You have taken 42878 damage from Restless Ice by a restless dire wolf.
    04/05/22 02:13:09 PM    A restless dire wolf has been slain by Seeil!
    04/05/22 02:13:13 PM    You have taken 42878 damage from Restless Ice by a restless dire wolf's corpse.
    04/05/22 02:13:19 PM    You have taken 42878 damage from Restless Ice.
    04/05/22 02:13:25 PM    You have taken 42878 damage from Restless Ice.
    04/05/22 02:13:31 PM    You have taken 42878 damage from Restless Ice.
    04/05/22 02:13:37 PM    You have taken 42878 damage from Restless Ice.
    04/05/22 02:13:37 PM    The Restless Ice evaporates.
    04/05/22 02:13:37 PM    Restless Ice infects your body.
    04/05/22 02:13:43 PM    You have taken 51111 damage from Restless Ice Infection.
    04/05/22 02:13:43 PM    The holy elixir fades.
    04/05/22 02:13:44 PM    You forget Arbor Stalker's Enrichment.
    04/05/22 02:13:44 PM    Fophrip tells the group, 'Casting Hallowed Elixir Rk. II on Vekaras.'
    04/05/22 02:13:44 PM    Fophrip begins casting Hallowed Elixir Rk. II.
    04/05/22 02:13:44 PM    Lorsona tells the group, 'Casting Promised Reclamation Rk. II on Vekaras.'
    04/05/22 02:13:44 PM    Lorsona begins casting Promised Reclamation Rk. II.
    04/05/22 02:13:44 PM    You are promised divine healing.
    04/05/22 02:13:46 PM    A holy elixir heals your body.
    04/05/22 02:13:47 PM    Lorsona tells the group, 'Casting Word of Greater Rejuvenation Rk. II on Lorsona.'
    04/05/22 02:13:47 PM    Lorsona begins casting Word of Greater Rejuvenation Rk. II.
    04/05/22 02:13:48 PM    Fophrip tells the group, 'Casting Word of Greater Rejuvenation Rk. II on Fophrip.'
    04/05/22 02:13:48 PM    Fophrip begins casting Word of Greater Rejuvenation Rk. II.
    04/05/22 02:13:49 PM    You have taken 51111 damage from Restless Ice Infection.
    04/05/22 02:13:49 PM    Fophrip healed you over time for 14645 hit points by Hallowed Elixir Rk. II.
    04/05/22 02:13:49 PM    You feel a powerful healing touch.
    04/05/22 02:13:49 PM    Lorsona healed you for 70700 (127852) hit points by Word of Greater Rejuvenation Rk. II.
    04/05/22 02:13:53 PM    Beginning to memorize Lunar Balm Rk. II...
    04/05/22 02:13:54 PM    You have finished memorizing Lunar Balm Rk. II.

Neither Fophrip or Lorsona tried to cure me.
    Rondor likes this.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

Word of Greater Rejuvenation has a cure component to it, but not a cure corruption part, which is why mercs are waiting until the initial Restless Ice wears off and it goes to the infection before attempting to cure.

Hallowed Elixir has no cure component, BUT it gets cast as part of Devout Aquittal, which has an initial cure component, including corruption. Unfortunately, that cure is only 18 counters.

So, I think the merc wants to cast Devount Acquittal, but it's broken all to heck for mercs (or they're prevented from casting it for some reason) and so it only casts the Elixir part. And, for some reason, they're not casting Sanctified Blood...either because it's not part of their "spellbook" or it's bugged all to heck.

It appears they're trying to cure it, but they either don't have the necessary spells (Devout Aquittal and Sanctified Blood) or there's a bug preventing them from casting it. I think it's the corruption part that's mucking everything up.
  15. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

Fair, but my point is this was not the behavior in the previous expansion
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

Oh, I agree. I'm just thinking out loud where the problem could be. Even if for some reason they don't have access to the spells from this expansion, they should at least be using the previous version to cure. They're clearly broke. :D
  17. MarttinPH Augur

I am mainly an observer here. What I think is possible is that two things are happening. The first being the limited nature of the AI available. The second issue, and probably root cause of the problem, is that the highest level Mercs (120+) do not have a cure assigned to the various types of debuffs (diseases, curses, poisons),or don't have a heal assigned properly. That is just my thought.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  18. Wulfhere Augur

Yep new levels require new development on merc templates.
  19. Fornost New Member

I don't think so, they used to work fine not terribly long ago. Now, cleric mercs won't even cure a Rabies in Unrest that lasts an hour. It seems like something that was working properly and then was broken or intentionally modified. Fix this.