Audio Trigger Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Paladin, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Paladin Augur

I use audio triggers extensively.

Lately I have noticed that a number of my triggers simply were not working.

I discovered the reason why.

The ones that were not working had at least 2 to 5 spaces at the end of the Pattern. One of them had about 20 spaces at the end!

The added spaces prevent the triggers from happening, as the pattern that appears in your chat window does NOT include all those spaces (the trigger searches for the entire Pattern, to include the spaces).

How all these spaces got added to a number of my triggers is unknown.

Clearly there must be something in the last patch or three that added them, for some reason.
  2. Mukkul Augur

People have reported this bug 10, 15 years ago. Not sure if it's ongoing or was fixed and has returned.

Have you ever edited your AT ini files manually? Are they saved with ANSI encoding?
  3. Paladin Augur

I have never had this issue before and have used Audio Triggers since way back when.

The triggers are made thru the game itself.

To clarify, this started happening since the new expansion / 64-Bit and subsequent patches.

I have also found some of them to be a bit persistent. I back out the spaces and apply the changes.

When the trigger fails again, I find that new mystery spaces have appeared again.

It is weird, because only a few of my triggers stopped working (and I have a lot of triggers).

I am starting to suspect that including grammatical marks (such as a period at the end of the trigger pattern), which are part of the actual emote (pattern), may have some play in this?

I say this, as removing the spaces and the period, seemed to resolve at least one of the persistent bugged triggers.