Cheating Baloney

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhythar, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Rhythar Augur

At the beginning of the month, Accendo was asked to post What Constitutes As Cheating?. The post focuses on cheating software, including botting. A few days after the post, I reminded the GMs of the SG Botter, who is still using cheating software and botting on Aradune. And now at the end of the month, that player is still cheating.

The posted claim that the GMs will take reports of cheating seriously is baloney. I haven't seen any change in GM behavior in the past month. They're still letting people break the rules. And it's not just that one big cheater. They haven't been willing to stop any cheater I reported or reminded them about in the past month.
  2. Vindar Augur

DBG won't ever take cheating seriously. You will find the same groups, fully automated, sitting in the same spots for weeks and months on end. Definitely not unique to TLPs either, saw the same thing on live servers. It has been brought up probably hundreds of times here and nothing changes, and it's safe to say nothing will.
    Zanarnar likes this.
  3. Umul Augur

You already cheated bologna by making up a word lol
    Genoane, Nessirfiti, Nolrog and 4 others like this.
  4. Kindertime Journeyman

I wish I could give you a gold account for this.
    Nolrog likes this.
  5. Lawyer Augur

They should launch a server that allows -- or even requires -- fully automated gameplay. I think it would be fun to watch a game that needs to be played by writing scripts. Just think, at that point, cheating would become injecting code into the scripts so that you can temporarily do manual movement.
    Vumad and Metanis like this.
  6. MileyVyrus Elder

You have to hand it to a hall monitor still policing SG in the DODH expansion.

Thats an extraordinary display of .... ummm....

Well, its a good reason why we have limited forum involvement by DPG and will never see anything in the spirit of Aradune again. Keep up you holy crusade, good sir.
    Gheed likes this.
  7. Xenorius New Member

Lawyer, you switched off your targeting computer - what's wrong?
  8. Lineater Augur

Double wrong. Not only is "baloney" an accepted alternate spelling of the meat, it also has its own definition:

ba·lo·ney
    /bəˈlōnē/
    Learn to pronounce

noun
    INFORMAL

1. 1.
      foolish or deceptive talk; nonsense.
      "typical salesman's baloney"
    2. 2.
      NORTH AMERICAN
      variant of bologna.
    Vindar and Sara Connor like this.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

I was really worried Accendo was going to have to lock another thread but this one is really derailing in such a great direction. I hope it continues.

Shout out to the two top posts so far.

10. Komodon Augur

Speaking of ummm, what is this "spirit of aradune" you speak of there? Was it anything that actually got followed through on?

You are right though that focusing in on SG there seems kinda silly at this point. Especially when he could have alternatively pointed to the much less isolated off and rather alarming amount of the total non-SG botting Aradune player base, at least in a comparative sense to past servers, that are using automated script play to do all their AA leveling (and which of course is likely and more often then not the real reason you find so many of the "regulars" on this message board indirectly taking a general trolling stance anytime newbies complain about bot play).

But I guess when nobody can even join the Daybreak discord these days without getting absolutely bombarded with random and unsolicited 3rd party botting program ads....you can basically chalk that up and write it off as to be expected these days?
  11. Febb Augur

12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Ahh, just Rhythar continuing his crusade, nothing to see here folks, move along please.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

2 box limit, had some enforcement up to Luclin (Velious?) and then fell off.
  14. Dailor Augur

Could you tell me how many wheels a bicycle has?
    Gheed likes this.
  15. coltongrundy Augur

What they meant was they will crack down on the small time ordinary people who want to dabble in cheating. They big prolific cheaters who have been around and doing it for years are grandfathered in and will never face any repercussions for cheating. Especially when their cheating drives krono sales (like afk pl in sg)
  16. Gnothappening Augur

Is that real?
  17. Gnothappening Augur

Toxic Karen’ing to the max. Players who can’t get groups because they suck both in game and out using petitions to get camps they want or just reporting people who aren’t unlikable because they are jealous those players can get groups. Massive forum crying every day. More forum crying when the extra GM support left after 6 months, like they advertised it would. So much QQ that two years later people are policing SG because they are too toxic to be able to make friends to play the game and have fun with.

DPG followed through. They had both extra GM support for 6 months and they cut that support after 6 months. Remember though, people were reporting players if they wanted your camp or if they wanted in your group and you said no.
    Appren, Gheed and Genoane like this.
  18. Komodon Augur

The only "enforcement" that happened there had nothing to do with Daybreak actually caring about truebox rule breaks, and everything to do with individual case people doing dumb and/or obnoxious things that go out of their way to draw enough extra attention to themselves that it ended up forcing Daybreak's hand.
  19. Komodon Augur

You present all that as if the flip side of that equation there isn't routinely even more large scale toxic. Or as if it actually negates the indisputable fact that the same botting from the same bot crews has indeed been allowed to continuously run for years. Or heck, that you have the most easily and recognizable truebox rule breaker on Aradune for example, that even Lionel Richie could log into the game and spot within day 1 of becoming a "enforcement GM", even openly posting in those same complaint threads for years now. Under the same board handle that he uses in game to run it all through for god sakes. I mean...c'mon lol. Some of that you couldn't make up any better if you tried.

That the total amount of regular posters here with an invested interest in preserving automated play (whether it be large/small farming or just their 6 man AA grinding instanced sessions before bed) likely outnumber the total amount of pop in newbies you find making the vocal effort to complain about that stuff doesn't ultimately make THEM the problem there man. That is just silly logic, and which certainly has more of a toxic element baked in to it then anything else there.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

Lionel Richie?
    I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here, are you saying Aradune wasn't the most toxic server to date?