just an idea to fix some things or break them

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sobmre, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Sobmre Augur

well this turned in an interesting conversation,

if most people like krono the way they are then what are the pros and cons

i see more cons then pros myself
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It isn't about liking or not liking it but realizing that they can't change how the krono they already sold work.
  3. Laronk Augur

It wouldn’t bother me much if they stopped selling them, if they destroyed all the ones in game or made them not add game time or made the existing ones not tradable well… That would be a problem for people who have some, How would it be fair for those people to lose function of something they have.
  4. Metanis Bad Company

If there were no longer Krono then we'd have foreign web sites jump back into the fray of buying and selling platinum for cash money. And there would then be rip-off copy-cats jump in too. And people would get scammed and defrauded.

People seem to forget the old days so easily.
  5. Sobmre Augur

I dont think so EQ is not that popular as it was in them old days. might have a few, but far less people krono farming the new tlp servers
  6. Truetotheblue Augur

A quick Google search with the first result for platinum showed the average ratings for 955 orders in the past 30 days. That's with Krono existing. So I don't think that supports that people won't just RMT other ways if it's that amount, on one site, in the past 30. Whether that's accurate info or not I don't know, but it's a website that's been around a long time and I don't think they have any reason to misrepresent numbers for EQ.
  7. Thren Lorekeeper

Do not see the OP's point at all? How are Krono hurting you personally as a player? They allow me as a regular buyer of them, plus a paying gold member to trade them in game for plat, which as I do not run a trader, is very convenient for me,, I get plat, a non paying gold member gets krono( game time)..everyone is happy... exept you,, why? And what state of boredom were you in when you sat around and thought this up? For daybreak, its a win/win,, Im paying for my sub, my box;s sub, plus buying Krono,, around 5 a month to be honest.. I never am broke in game anymore and a less financially well off player gets another month of full gold playtime. Websites still sell Krono, and plat,,, but there is far less customers for them with Daybreak selling Krono, as most who dont want to "cheat" will buy from Daybreak when they wouldnt from plat/krono sellers..It also encourages marketplace viability as these buyers of Krono are mostly the traders you see in /bazzaar..they have to make game plat to buy these krono in game.

If it aint broke man,,, dont fix it.

P.S. the minute they make Krono with no game time,, they become useless, much like Nobles, sounds to me like your trader is hurting in game and you need a scapegoat.
  8. error Augur

I mean, everything else aside, considering existing krono was already sold by Daybreak as essentially prepaid game time, I think there'd be a lot of legal implications in removing the ability to redeem krono for said game time.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10. Laronk Augur

This is an MMO, more players = good generally
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.