Rallos Zek Earring

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tsiawdroi, Mar 29, 2022.

1. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

Did they change the success rate on the combines? I am currently on quest 6: Tactical Observation and with JC at 300 with max trophy the % for success is 22%. I don't recall it being this low when I did the quest last year. I have failed the combine numerous times now and I suppose the remedy is to buy the potion in the store. Perhaps it was always this low and I got lucky when I did the combine last year.

P.S; Can we get an update if/when another evolving item is going to be introduced? Ngreth said in Beta raids he had planned to unveil it in feb/march.
  2. Alnitak Augur

Looks like you are missing something. To equip the trophy, perhaps ?
    Fully evolved trophy would bump your JC effective skill level to 345 and it will also reduce failure rate by half. Success percentage for this combine should be somewhere 46-56 %, not 22%
    You can also learn a few recipies from scribed tradeskill books and have JC a bit higher (to about 350+ range) without much effort.
    I have done that combine about a dozen times with different alts and have failed only once.
  3. minimind The Village Idiot

Do you have the Artisan's Prize? Is it equipped during the combine?

I completed the Earring before they enabled the ability to see the combine success probability, but I do remember that I had put my Artisan's Prize aug in the Rallos Zek earring so that it would look uber-er. Of course, that meant that I would remove the aug to do the combines which resulted in a reduction in combine probability. From then on, I kept the Artisan's Prize in my other earring.
    Andarriel, Nennius and Tatanka like this.
  4. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

Ok so something is definitely wrong. I checked the recipe on my ranger with no trophy (his ts is 350) and it shows 62%). When I am on sk with trophy in it still shows 22% or 5% without trophy in (skills are 300 and 345 with trophy in). Do i need to put in a bug report because I am getting tired of going to kael farming marrows and hoping to get lucky. I've failed now 10 times.
  5. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I assume you have the JC mastery AA? Because a 50% reduction in fail rate would shift 22% to 61%
  6. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

I never bought the aa! that was the issue.. farmed marrow for 8th time this week and finally got the combine done on my sk. thanks everyone for input/help
  7. Windance Augur

I can only image how bad those combines would be with out having your TS AA's maxed.

Last year I was working on a tinker and was complaining about the lack of AA's until someone pointed me to the quest you have to do to "unlock" the ability to buy them.
    Svann2 likes this.
  8. Flatchy Court Jester

Can you put a link up showing them? Sorry I have a gnome i need to finish his tinkering on some year.
  9. Lianeb Augur

Flatchy and Yinla like this.