Suspension without notification

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Esiah, Mar 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Svann2 The Magnificent

If you truly plan to cancel and never come back you can tell your CC company to stop payment.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Presumably you would have updated your e-mail for them to reach you.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Have you tried to PM Accendo? That might give you some additional information. Suspensions aren't for forever and you could just wait it out. Up to you really.
    minimind likes this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Oh I have. Just pointing out that if someone played 20 years ago, quit, then came back - they likely no longer have access to the original email address they set up their EverQuest account on.
  5. bard10one New Member

I just got suspended on my new account for "suspicious activity" with no reason given just this morning. They say I have to give personal information to re-activate my account even though I already did and paid for a month of play. Just created the account and paid for it yesterday!
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

that does not even begin to sound like EQ - what did they send you, or did they block you at log in? Are they asking for 2 step verification?
  7. bard10one New Member

Yes, 2 step verification. All I did was level up fast (like 20 lvls in an hour) using newb quests then stood in PoK until the next day and bam, suspended.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Usually if you verify your email and/or set up the 2 step at the beginning when you create the account you don't run into these situations.

Unless someone reported you

Or you flagged your self by purchasing too much stuff from the marketplace or too many krono within 24 hours of making your account.

All you have to do is put the security 2 step on your account and you should be good to go. Its not a suspension per se. Its them trying to secure your account and protect themselves from players whose accounts ( could be credit card accounts or game accounts) get used fraudulently and then those players try to make DB pay for it.
  9. bard10one New Member

I didn't communicate with anyone and I bought the offered 500dbg pack after I paid for a month. That's it. I don't think the account was even active for 24 hours.

I don't want to do the security 2 step. I haven't done that on any of my other accounts and don't want to do it here. If they really wanted to do that they should have just told me that was a requirement for starting. Otherwise it seems just like a bait and switch tactic to force me to use 2FA. I find their secret questions invasive and inappropriate and I don't want to give them my phone number, this is an EverQuest account, not my bank account.

Not to mention, they seem to profit off of this; they are currently keeping my money for a subscription they arbitrarily and inappropriately decided I can no longer use. I've heard of this happening to people who only use a krono on a brand new account too with no credit card info. There seems to be something very strange and inappropriate going on behind the scenes to force such weird stuff on us like this.
  10. Khat_Nip Meow

Er, one shouldn't use the actual answers to those questions because it could be something someone else may know or can relatively easily find out. It's just a challenge/response and as long as you provide the correct response then it doesn't matter what it is.

Q: What is your favorite color?
    A: Koenigsegg

Q: What is your grandfather's first name?
    A: Bell's theorem

Q: What was the name of your high school?
    A: ksjdhfkjshffyghoreuytgh

/you get the idea.
  11. bard10one New Member

If you don't remember the answers that could be problematic. also they want your phone number. Isn't it also so freaking stupid that they want us to answer questions to which it is recommended you do not provide truthful answers?
  12. Khat_Nip Meow

They would know what the truthful answers are how exactly?
    You provide the "answers" to the security questions when you set them up. No one cares what they are, they just have to match when requested.

If you're setting up security questions for your bank account and you choose, "What is your mother's maiden name?" and answer with "ScoobyAndScrappyDoo" then the only thing that matters is you respond with "ScoobyAndScrappyDoo" should you encounter that security question challenge.

If you're concerned with them having your phone number then just get a free Google Voice number to direct their 2FA to.
  13. bard10one New Member

Just happened to me on ANOTHER new account. Didn't even buy anything, just leveled up. This is wrong.
  14. bard10one New Member

I mean if you forget the fake answers. Plus, its confusing. Sometimes you have to type in the answers. sometimes they do, maybe sometimes they just read it. There doesn't appear to be consistency so if you type "ScoobyandScrappyDoo" without the proper capitalizations, is it not valid? If you add spaces or forget spaces does it matter? And if its so non-important then why limit us to so few question options?
  15. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Just add your fake answers to the real questions to your Password Post It, duh. I've been on the internet a while so I recently upgraded my password storage monitor to 80". :cool:

[IMG]
    Bardy McFly and CatsPaws like this.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are you creating the account and then doing the email verification before you jump in and play?

Are you using the patcher? Every time?

Are you using any other programs in the game?

Sometimes it the email or isp associated to the new account. If either of those have been in trouble in the past.

I am sorry to hear you having all these problems but I feel there is something else not admitted to here. :oops:
  17. Gogrog New Member

I believe him because it just happened to me. My friend started a new account and I was leveling his toon with my druid and out of the blue bam you have been disconnected. Was not boting. Was true boxing with no helper apps at all. I did not buy anything on this toon from the bazaar did not spend any KR. Just leveled to 26 in about 7 hours so nothing out of the ordinary. With 2 step verification it makes it difficult to share an account.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

And yet no one answers if they are using the patcher or no. If they verified account email or not.

What do you mean with 2 step it makes it difficult to share accounts? :confused: Its against TOS/EULA to share accounts.

Sounds to me you got popped for account sharing if you were playing your friend character, true box or not.

And leveling in a short amount of time would not factor in because there are Heroic Character jumps. Just did one on a character I leveled from 1-13 thru a well known short cut, in 5 minutes, and then popped him to 85. But his email has been verified.
    minimind and Khat_Nip like this.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It would simply be in small claims court. And it most likely would not be worth the corporations time. Corporations regularly are sued in small claims court and end up with default judgements against them. Because they don't send anyone. But since it is in a different state they don't usually bother with it.
  20. Kindertime Journeyman

DO NOT SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT.
    YOU WILL GET BANNED IF YOU SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT.
    DB HAS NO OTHER OPTION BUT TO BAN SHARED ACCOUNTS.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.