How to massively reduce RMT

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Haldi, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The devs have stated what they would need to see in order to create a TLP PvP server, it isn't their fault that the supposed large group of players couldn't even be bothered to show up at an event on the server to show the demand for PvP.
  2. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

I don't see a current dev stating any such measure needed. Don't blame the body if the thermometer is broken.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The only PvP server is always at low population and is considered one of if not the lowest in population which goes a long way to suggest that there is no demand for PvP.
  4. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You shouldn't be editing quotes of other players and that doesn't change the fact that the devs see no demand for a TLP PvP server because of the lack of a demand for a PvP server.
  6. Trox2010 Augur

P99 is an Official recognized server; go revive P99Red to show there really is a demand for EQ PvP, especially in the Original Trilogy era.
  7. Lejaun Augur

Nice ideas, but I think its more complicated than that. RMTers are going to RMT. Buyers are going to buy. This only becomes more and more true as the EQ population ages, gets higher paying jobs, or pays off their bigger expenses (like paying off their house) and having more disable income.

1. People already sell no-drop items. This would be the same thing. "Selling loot spots for NToV, send tell if interested."
    2. See above
    3. More useful, because its not time-cost effective to run people through quests. More people would gamble on giving their account information out though to quest sellers.
    4. I doubt Darkpaw wants to be that involved in the economy. Its less manpower to just fire and forget TLPs and not try to balance the krono economy. I can't see them doing this.
    5. People would just give out more information if they wanted to buy drops or quests. Now they also face giving up even more information that may eventually get linked to their bank or other accounts, which could be problematic.
  8. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

You can't box on those official servers.
  9. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

The devs are very in tune and smart. They are aware of what the people want. See you in a few weeks :).
  10. Trox2010 Augur

So we are getting fresh baked pies delivered to our doors when the TLP launches?
  11. Gnothappening Augur

Yeah but since a gates start server, while last years TLPs are in gates, would suck so badly, may as well top it off with some PVP.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Lots of threads getting started with nothing to back up the claims in them. I don't think there is any evidence to support a server like that.
  13. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

The ONLY way to end all RMT, is to permanently shut off the internet.

[IMG]
  14. Gnothappening Augur

I hope not. I wouldn't care if we weren't already in gates, but meh.
  15. code-zero Augur

The PvP guys fantasizing that they wouldn't be absolutely shredded by automated murder squads is hilarious.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. coltongrundy Augur

They're not interested in reducing RMT. If anything they want to increase it. Why do you think Krono was created?
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Last time I checked Absor was still a current dev, and it was him who suggested to gather on Zek if people wanted a PvP TLP the last time.

Pick a date, a time, a zone, gather in numbers - the devs will check & assess if you managed to gather enough people, they did so last time.

Devs would be more than happy to make a PvP TLP so long as there is enough demand to make it worth the effort.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  18. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

Best way to reduce RMT is have a 1 item loot PvP server. Loot any single equipped item or unbagged item in inventory slot + all player coin. Will be dramatically less item sales when you probably already suck too bad at the game that you will surely lose it in PvP.

Also make the server 4 team PvP so you can group with people and be sure some of the time they wont backstab you and take your item.

Like on early TZ and VZ it was dark elves, ogres, trolls vs everyone else, basically light vs dark. And if a light character killed another light character in a group they would get branded for the life of their character and no one would trust until they gave the item back.

Only problem with this is when one guild forms a 4 team guild and dominates the entire server cause you can just kill other guilds out of the planes.

But thats offset by how fun it is because its more serious and when you make friends you bond more cause you need each others help in greater ways. PvP always makes things more fun cause you become friends throught BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hekkthebank likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The server will have a very low player population which means that the people involved in RMT won't want to play there. Not to mention I can already see some people in the RMT trade selling a high value item and then killing the player they sold it to so they can get it back and sell it again.
    code-zero likes this.
  20. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

So why were the servers populated all the way until wow released?
    Hekkthebank likes this.