Autofollow worse than ever

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thash, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

make a gina trigger for autofollow fails
  2. Bullwyf Journeyman

Agreed. I have noticed that autofollow has progressively gotten worse in recent weeks. Even the mercs and mage pets seem to have a harder time lately. When standing around in PoK, if I'm on a slightly elevated area, mercs and pets will run around the immediate area non-stop. It seems like they are trying to get themselves on the same elevation as me, but have to maintain a certain distance away.
    My box characters are having a much harder time keeping up as well. With them, it is like they loose track of the main character they are following, and they go off in their own direction (very similar to what mercs and pets do prior to warping to their owner). What used to be easy obstacles to navigate with a train (followers) ends up sticking the train face first into a corner, or whatever. Something got broke. I don't know what or when exactly, but I have been noticing this issue.
    Bigstomp and Elite_raider like this.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

You know it's going to fail, the trigger is just noise at that point.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

At this point at least let us customize the fail distance. The current setting allows them to stray way too far.
    Dre. likes this.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The Z-axis is a thorn in everything. I mean it screws up the find paths too. Though the issue with Z-axis is moreso when your boxes are already pretty far behind, and then you start going up a steep slope, which quickly puts them a lot further behind than they previously were sometimes pushing them out of auto-follow range which sometimes sticks them in autorun rather than stopping them.

I also wonder if people are not thinking that all of the toons are running at the same speed, but they are not due to things like the Explorer achievement AAs.
  6. Leerah Augur

Z-axis. Trying to autofollow in Plane of Earth or down to the ice section of Riftseekers Sanctum. :eek:
  7. Kolani Augur

Unnamed third party applications do autofollow better than EQ's code, let's hope that's the next thing the EQ team poaches from them in their ongoing efforts to add everything they do well to the base game.
    Sanolan likes this.
  8. LoyalEQPlayer New Member

EQ population and grouping has dramatically has changed over the years in EQ. In the beginning and throughout the years, it was extremely easy to locate a group and start playing.

Now, I've heard of people that have had LFG on for 30+ days; having some alts just sit there in the lobby waiting. Daybreak - it's time for a change..... People like us (boxers) is what has kept the game alive. Do you know how many actual players do you have? How many of those people, box? Who owns most of your "All Access" players? I bet it's boxers!

- EQ players really NEED either of three things to happen -

1.) Make an expansion with a "single" zones. Mobs that can be taken down solo. Maybe the drops or XP isn't as good as the "group" zones. This MIGHT just bring some people back. With more people, it might begin to make it easier to find groups. (Groups would not be allowed in these zones - if you group, it makes you go back to the lobby or takes you to a "group" instance. Or just disable groups in these zones.)

2.) Make your auto follow better!!! Update EQ for boxers - have a boxers UI. If people have 2-6 pay accounts, this should be incentive to put some developers on this. Why is 3rd party software (We all know - or [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] superior to EQ UI in so many ways?) Remove the incentive to want to use that software for people that do NOT cheat but you suspend anyway. This is bad business practice. You are making people that pay for multiple accounts want to quit. All those people quit - what do you have left?

3.) Allow and/or [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] - Do NOT allow botting! As long as someone is at the keyboard, who cares? I suspect most boxers just want to play..... You have made this game so difficult (regular mobs summoning, destroying a single character, etc) that people have resorted to using 3rd party software so they can just play the game. Believe me - most do not want to do this... People rather group and have fun instead of boxing all their chara. (Yes - there are exceptions to the rule - there are bots - punish those users).

People play other games (have become more popular than EQ) because you can play single or groups. Daybreak - PLEASE make this game popular again. Do something to allow people to play. It's not fun when all you do is LFG.

One last remark, someone off topic. Support for players with an "All Access" should constitute a response from support. We should not have a ticket sitting for days without some sort of response. I sometimes wish I didn't love this game. The lack of grouping, the lack of support, and a few other things, so far, has not outweighed MY love for the game. I hope that doesn't change. If it changes for me, it may change for others - Then buy buy game..... that will be a very sad day!
    Bernel likes this.
  9. Bernel Augur

They should have an AA called "Pied Piper" that allows you to put your following chars in a trance that makes them like pets or mercs in terms of following. Maybe even turn them into snakes. Have them server controlled and non-aggro just like pets/mercs. The primary char would still get aggro like normal, but all the other chars would be inert and just follow along with pets/mercs. Any spell or aggressive action by anyone would break the trance.
    Flatchy likes this.
  10. Pops Racer Olde Faht

How about a mount for the group?
    The mount holds all six party members plus pets.
    Party leader controls the mount, everyone else is on for the ride.
    Group Invis and Levitate still work when mounted

Some ideas:
    • An elephant with a passenger box on it
    • A large cart drawn by horses or more fantastic critters
    • A six seater extra large robo-boar
    Sprooce, Svann2 and Bernel like this.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

I would prefer a family Truckster type vehicle ALA Ntnl Lampoons Vacation... Gnomes and haflings TO THE BACK OF THE VEHICLE!
  12. Thash Zoner

It certainly isn't getting better. The terrain in dodh is like a nightmare. When characters can't even follow in a straight line using bard movement, let alone travel anywhere due to constant autofollow failures while taking every reasonable caution, something needs to be changed. Possibly the detection range beyond which they ride off into the sunset.
  13. kizant Augur

Click of lev and mounts and have the person in lead walk. You'll be fine.