Duplicate Crashing in DZ with corpses

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Byun, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Byun Elder

Hello,

On mangler in underfoot specifically, if you have a raid that wipes or creates corpses in a zone, it causes members to crash consistently.

The solution most guilds are using atm is to drop the DZ and re get it so there are no corpses in zone.

Wish I had more info. maybe others can add their reports.
    Octopus, Aryion, Bumtil and 13 others like this.
  2. FranktheBank Augur

This actually might be game wide. Frequently, even in ToL raids, if we wipe and get back into the zone to start re-buffing, 3-10 ppl will crash.
  3. Keauvan Journeyman

4. Kakashi77 Elder

5. Xhartor Augur

On Mangler during SoF, had a Crystallos raid, we wiped on Vyskudra. Rebuffed when engage again and tons of people kept going LD on the some attempt, which caused us to wipe again. So we ended up hitting the Lobby summoning all the corpses. Then we were able to go back and kill without the crashing.
  6. Ratalthor Developer

Can anyone share any additional info?
    • Character name/server and time of crash (Please PM me this info rather than post).
    • Were the corpses in one spot? Was anybody interacting with the corpses at the time?
    • Are you crashing or going link-dead (disconnecting)?
  7. sieger Augur

I'll pull logs from our recent raids to try and get character names/times. But we see this fairly consistently as others have said overwhelmingly associated with retrying a failed event.

- Typically the corpses are all in one spot because in modern raids after an event resets, all corpses get placed in the same location, so there will be a big corpse pile after a wipe
    - Typically a CLR will do an AE rez on the corpses, the raid will start rebuffing, and then a big uptick in crash to desktop will be observed, often 10-15% of the total raid will be impacted (i.e. 5-8 people)
    - While I usually do not experience it personally, I have on occasion--it is always a sudden crash to desktop, i.e. the EQ client simply closes out completely. No error message or "You Have Been Disconnected" screen, client will freeze and then almost instantly close completely without any error message. This is the experience others I raid with have as well.
  8. Ratalthor Developer

Thank you everyone for the reports and details. We believe this is the same issue as the Aten Ha Ra Raid Crashes thread, so we're closing this thread as a duplicate.
  9. Kakashi77 Elder

I cannot post on the other thread so I'm responding to this one. This corpse recovery and then crash to desktop issue is still not resolved; it's still happening frequently and the only resolution is to drop the dz and re-get a fresh one. And this is across multiple different events and on many different servers. We just had our TBM raid drop multiple people to desktop after rezzing up and rebuffing. This needs to still be looked into