Thoughts from a parting player

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Scurvy, Mar 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoLitsNeal Journeyman

I havent had much of an issue finding PUGs to play with at almost nay level range on Firona Vie. Sounds like you are just on a dead server, and yup. That sucks.

If you cant spend the small amount of money to transfer even 1 character to a more populated server, then good luck to ya!
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Why?

Posting in a PUBLIC forum invites PUBLIC responses. That is the nature of the thing. DBG games isn't in the business of providing therapy and they shouldn't. A one on one conversation would be best provided through another medium.

Also, the OP used the phrase "sheer boredom". If that's an accurate statement of the feelings of the OP then EQ really isn't for them.
    minimind, Zaray, Orienn and 3 others like this.
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Just want to say I understood that you don’t want to pay to box, but if you had to you’d prefer it to be automated on additional characters like having multiple mercenaries active.

Here’s the deal though, the devs here pretend this a social game and design everything for groups. So, these addicts pick up multiple accounts like potato chips and talk about how the game is fine and don’t design for molo play.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

So, you can't get a group because you are Euro based, but on a US server.
    You feel the need to box because you can't get a group.
    You feel the need to bot because, (and I'm being nice here), you don't like boxing.
    You can't bot because it's cheating and against the rules.
    Even if it wasn't cheating, you wouldn't bot because you don't want to pay for multiple accounts.
    You can't transfer to the Euro server because it would cost too much to transfer all your boxes/Alts.

But why would you need to transfer all of your Boxes/Alts to Euro server? Presumably if you just transfer your main, you should be able to get groups and not NEED the other characters, right?
    minimind, Zaray, Flatchy and 4 others like this.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

The problem is not dbg.. or the game. You have avenues to remedy all those lroblems.. you refuse to. That's on you.. not the game..

1. It's nobody's problem but yours for knowing about an eu server, yet not going there..

2. Waiting 5 months to free move you're toons..

3. You upset that everyone boxes yet speak about all your own alts..

I could go on.. but pretty sure I've made my point. See ya in 5 maby.
    Nennius likes this.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Wasn’t AB nearly unplayable for an extended period of time a couple years ago?
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Around EoK we had extreme lag on chat channels(and raidtool), but it has been fixed a long time ago(it took them around 6 months to fix iirc).

At the moment, AB performs better than the US servers. So good, that It is impossible to lag raidscripts out of sync, so the raids behave as they are intended. :cool:
    Skrab likes this.
  8. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Purely obligatory. Can I have your stuff?
    Velisaris_MS and Whulfgar like this.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

To me.. personally.. this whole post can be sumed up rather easily with the following.

I refuse to pay for what I really want. Cause I want it now! If I can't have it now its their fault not mine in any way shape or form shame on them because I like their product enough to contually play it.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

Ps. I'm the victim of an evil corporation. (Lmao)
    Flatchy and Nennius like this.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Don't let the door hit ya....
  12. MageGuy MageGuy

His personality. Demeanor. attitude etc. isn't the underlying issue. The current state of group game is the real issue. That then leads to all sorts of frustration. Which then leads to these type posts. Followed by tough guy don't let the door hit you and other similar type comments.
    Vumad, Dre., Metanis and 3 others like this.
  13. dwish Augur

Like some other people in this thread have stated, you can still box you just can't "bot" anymore, or at least you do so at a much greater risk now. You don't need a full group to be able to do stuff on your own. A decent 2 box can do just about everything in the group game outside of the group missions. I run a beast/bard and I finish essentially everything largely on my own. A three box is even better and is very viable if you choose the right classes such as the ones that are just more automatic by nature such as bard, ranger (autofire) and such.

It would be nice if no boxing was needed at all, but this is a 20+ year old game and a lot of people have been playing for decades, so there isn't going to be a lot of new players LFG. It is what it is. I'm not a huge fan of boxing, but I finally broke down and created a bard about 8-9 years ago to pair with my beast and my little 2 box has been very enjoyable over the years.
  14. Burdi Augur

The Op is saying that he quit because there is no content he can do.
    Then the discussion got lost in ad hominem attacks.
    But actually the game could really benefit from a major overhaul of its leveling process, more solo and group content.
    Vumad and Metanis like this.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Unfortunately, instant gratification is the norm.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

In fairness, a major part of his argument is that he cannot find a group.

If his behavior here is any indication, I suspect him telling players on his server that they are "dumb" or "stupid" in a grouping situation or regular interaction will not earn him goodwill.

Imagine a group wipes and this guy goes, "You are dumb for that pull" in group chat? Yeah, you are not joining this guy again.
  17. Metanis Bad Company

Yeah, they should add a statement to the EULA along the lines of, "If you can't or won't meet normal standards of social interaction, don't bother playing our game."
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If you are rude at work, at a gathering, or in public, don't expect to be welcomed or reinvited. It is "fine" to be rude but don't expect to social benefits; certain personality types are better suited for solitude or nature.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Some good tips in this book, however it cannot increase the number of players on an EQ server.

[IMG]
    CatsPaws likes this.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Interesting thought, but how many gamers could meet this criteria?

/crickets
    Sissruukk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.