sk epic question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by able398, Mar 24, 2022.

1. able398 New Member

when i cast lich sting I get the message your spell did not take hold (blocked by lich sting recourse) What does that mean. Thanks for any help
  2. Angahran Augur

The recourse which is cast on the sk is better than the buff that is cast on other group members but the spell tries to cast the lesser buff on everyone including the sk.

This has been reported as a bug but ignored.

Same as the issue where you get the cast message once for each person in your group.
  3. able398 New Member

Also the recourse only lst 2mins if this is the way it works wow getting that epic was a waste of time. But ty for your help.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

It's a game, it's all a waste of time, but SK epic is amazing.
    Dre. and Celephane like this.
  5. minimind The Village Idiot

There are a total of zero shadowknights that agree that the epic 2.0 is a waste of time.

Moreover, as a zerk who frequently groups with a shadowknight, the ability to lifetap 50% of my melee damage for a minute every 5 minutes is awesome.
  6. able398 New Member

Minimind I said that it was a waste of time because it DOES NOT WORK. If it worked it would be the best epic in game.
  7. Tolzol Augur

Literally the first reply explained why your seeing that message, it does work and is the best epic in game. Really the best item in game tbh.
  8. Celephane Augur

This isn't even remotely what you said. I'm not sure how you get that from

It works fine and has been for years.
  9. Angahran Augur

What do you think is not working ?
  10. Ozon Augur

Lich sting buff = 50% melee returned as a lifetap for 2min

Lich sting recourse buff = 70% melee returned as a lifetap for 2 min
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

Are you talking about your 1.0 or 2.0, just asking because I seen this same thread in the newbie section already.

2.0 epic click is defiantly something that you would notice. As stated before prolly the best in game.
  12. bortage spammin lifetaps

you heard the man, sk 2.0 doesn't work, it needs to be changed so that it's an aura that lasts indefinitely

only then can we save sks, also known as the least popular class that nobody likes
  13. Angahran Augur

What, exactly, do you think "doesn't work" ? The epic click works fine, it's simply a staking issue that is giving that message.
    1. The recourse is cast on the SK.
    2. A lesser buff is cast on all group members, including the SK, but does not stack with the original recourse on the SK so you get the message.
    bortage likes this.
  14. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Good job missing the joke, very thorough. It's not a staking issue though, it's "lich sting" not "vampire suck".
    Flatchy and Tatanka like this.