Luclin Start 6 month then PoP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Haldi, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Haldi Elder

Who can get behind this?

Luclin start with 6 months till PoP release.
    Mischief Loot/Free Trade rule
    10 Legacy chase loot items (Illusions, DS shields, small Buffs)
    Truebox or Non True box don't really care
    Gormgeous likes this.
  2. Gormgeous Elder

Just 1 without Truebox please.

Are polls against the forum rules? Someone could list all the major permutations of rules and have the like count be used as votes?
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

4. Court Elder

I still doubt they would create a server that is a Mischief clone just a few unlocks behind Mischief.
    Nolrog likes this.
  5. Lurid21 New Member

I think Mischief’s Loot system was too popular for us not to anticipate either Random Loot or Free Trade to be part of the next server. Just honestly can’t see DPG not taking advantage of an easy draw. That being said, I can’t see a Mischief Luclin clone being the choice either.
  6. Annatar New Member

I would play on a Luclin server that is frozen for all time for I quit when POP launches. I would also play on a start with vanilla and an expansion every 4 months until Luclin then freeze it. I will also play on any other server that starts before POP as long as we have at least 6 months before POP launches.
  7. Court Elder

I am not opposed to another Free Trade server. I think that the Random Loot was good for some people, but made things too trivial for others.
  8. Haak Augur

There's an element of confirmation bias at play with that sentiment. Since Mischief was the recent release, and has been popular through the popular expansions that most servers do well enough in, there's a notion that it's obviously what the overwhelming majority desires. That disregards the voices that aren't playing because they did not enjoy that ruleset, thus they are here in smaller numbers because they are unlikely to frequent a forum for a game they are not currently playing.

Agnarr was also incredibly popular in it's time, and it could have been easy back then to argue that clearly what people want is server-after-server locked at PoP. Thankfully, Darkpaw recognized that they need to offer something different between cycles and didn't do that. I'm sure the devs have taken note that Mischief loot rules have a portion of the players that desire it, so we're likely to see that included again in the future. Hopefully not back-to-back, but maybe every three or four cycles.
    Komodon and Skuz like this.
  9. jeskola pheerie

The last (only?) time they did this, TLP 2.0 lost to level 51/50aa start live server, Mayong. The popular conspiracy theory was that folks on established servers voted up a bad ruleset to prevent a new TLP from siphoning players from their servers.
    Gormgeous and Skuz like this.