Pally vs SK on TLP

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Hothbra, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Hothbra Journeyman

There are a few Pally vs SK posts here already but they all seem to relate to live.

On Mischief/TB, with GoD inc soon, is there a vast difference between the two? I have an SK and Pally both 60+ atm, just not sure which to maintain primarily. Is the damage gap between the two largely noticeable or trivial?
    I lean towards the ability to FD and CoS (Though invis potions are cheap now) with SK, plus with the unlock of GoD the true power of the HT becomes avail.

This early in the expansions, does one trump the other?
  2. Z3R0 New Member

This really depends on what you're doing with your tank and where you plan to play. If you enjoy long strolls on the xp beach then paladin is going to be great. They're going to be behind SK in terms of raw dps(and therefore speed of kill) if you're out soloing(unless vs undead due to having better undead nukes). But for group tanking? Pally group heals=aoe threat, most of the time that lets you drop a dedicated healer in favor of an extra dps, or at least lets your healer go ham on damage for a change. SK just doesn't have the aoe threat capabilities of a paladin until much later in the game. On the other hand, for soloing, or chain single pulls, the SK is going to edge out the paladin by a good percent unless you're fighting undead. For my own purposes I've preferred SK, but it's mostly a matter of your preferred playstyle.

TLDR; Depends on playstyle choice, grouping vs soloing and if grouping how your group handles pulls and where you're grouping. Either can be a great main, depends on your preferences.
  3. Wulfhere Augur

Both knight classes are strong in that era, so no regrets on either choice. It is the point where they really start to diverge though. SK hit their stride at level 68 (OOW) with Touch of the Cursed AA and never look back as soloist/tanks. Meanwhile Paladin grow in the undead slayer, healing, and curing arena.
  4. Hothbra Journeyman

Both great answers.
    So if I want purely more raw dmg the SK would be better, but is it really noticeable or trivial?
    I play solo/group content - havent raided at all, as of yet.
  5. Snafuy New Member

Just play the one you like SK get real good in OOW with a new terror and a ae terror. No matter what you pick I would start raiding so you can pick up their 2.0 epics
  6. FranktheBank Augur

As a pal main, SK.