Fixed Internally Changing Characters/Servers - Someone logged into your account error

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Troutfest, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Paladin Augur

Try Fast Camp in PoK, as if to swap characters.

If you can log to another character and do the same with that one.

Sometimes this works OK... but after 2 or 3 swaps, this issue pops up. It is like the character you camped is not completely out of the game?
    Fenthen and Proponent like this.
  2. Grinnar New Member

I'm also experiencing this issue. Keep getting disconnected when I reach the character select, and also can't log in any of them. Doesn't matter which server I pick, also says someone else is playing my account but it looks like all my characters are untouched.
  3. Malbro Augur

This seems to have gotten worse since the expansion went live and the client push yesterday. Now I zone twice and get dumped to server select and then get someone else is on this account.

I sure wish you could find out what you all did and fix it.
  4. Strumph Augur

It seems like the bug mainly affects certain characters. Not to say it won't happen to other characters, but Strumph gets goes to server select almost EVERY TIME! No other toon on his account has this issue. My other 3 accounts don't have the same issue, but do sometimes go to server select. All 4 accounts use the same UI, have separate installs, heck Zois is on a different computer unless main healer in group.

I know it's not on my side as I've logged Strumph on 2nd computer to no avail. Also I've done a fresh install also to no avail.

So if you are NOT testing with a character with a known issue you may not see the issue. Copy Strumph's files and test... hell if needed boot my trader and log him on during the day!
  5. Diani Augur

Just had this happen again on this account. approx 8:40 pm Amsterdam time AB server
    Wanted to swap chars, got booted to server select, got toon in game message, got someone else logged in and booted to login.
  6. Mukkul Augur

This happens to me randomly when switching characters, including just yesterday. Camp a character, get booted to server select instead of char select. Try to enter game again, get error "someone else is logged in" and it boots me to the login screen.

At login screen, my account name is filled in already, so I type in my password but it gives me a login error. Then I have to go back and enter my password a second time and then it works. <-- this login problem is a long running issue that occurs every single time, but the only reason it's hard to reproduce is because the game has to push you to the login screen for it to occur. Something with the login box is broken.
    Leerah likes this.
  7. Leerah Augur

Very long term.
  8. Firestar New Member

This has been happening with me for many months, however I'm usually switching servers. For a while I couldn't switch server at all without game crashing and having to relog in. Now I can usually get away with switching servers once, but if I switch again I often have to relog into the game. Maybe it's related to having ghost characters in the serverwide channels and not able to join them due to it?
  9. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I similarly avoid this issue by using:

/camp desktop
    Rondor likes this.
  10. Strumph Augur

Almost been 2 months since any Dev feedback. Status is still Info Needed...

Remember if this is happening to you, like the FIRST POST.
  11. Malbro Augur

Still happening to me, just went to Bloodfalls and did the 3rd partisan quest. Zoned back to the guildhall and switched toons and went to server select and got the another person on your account thing. Had to go to task manager and end EQ.
  12. Strumph Augur

Yes it's still happening and only getting more annoying. Pretty sad when you get excited to see the character select screen.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  13. Cakkortiz New Member

This happens to me when i get disconnected. I will get booted back to server select, will have to remove my character from world, and then will get the message saying someone logged into my account and will have to re enter my login info to proceed. I know for a fact no one has logged into my account, because the disconnect happens around the same time every day when my isp resets.
    Rondor likes this.
  14. Diani Augur

And it happened again, just a couple of minutes ago on this accoutn
  15. Malbro Augur

In my case, I play on one server and when switching between characters on my account, usually when trade skilling, I get dumped to server select and then I get that message when trying to get back into the game. Luclin server for added info.
  16. Malbro Augur

For me, this seems to have gotten worse. I log on and change characters a couple of times looking for tradeskill materials and get dumped to the server select and click on enter world, it asks if I want to kick my character and I say yes. It then either tells me that someone else is on the account or my info couldn't be validated.

Has anything been found that would cause this crap or is it now just part of playing EQ?
    Strumph and Fenthen like this.
  17. Strumph Augur

Yes it does seem to be getting worse. It's happening more and more on my other accounts now. Camp shaman to log in chanter... server select then somebody logged into your account or login cannot be verified.

An issue that we were told was fixed in OCTOBER (maybe he meant November patch), but obviously isn't. And here's the LAST a Dev posted on this issue...

No clue if they found the issue or if they need more info...
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Ratalthor Developer

We need more info to test this as we have not been able to reproduce it. If anyone can provide consistent reproduction steps it would help us test.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

For me it is log in do overseer, fast camp and if i get dumped back at server select, and have to kick player i get message someone else is logged into your account. It doesn't happen all the time.

For me it only happens on the occasions I get booted to server select and not gone to char select (which is what it should be doing).
  20. Jedis Arch Mage

I get this if I have an offline bazaar trader. Log in the next morning, try quick connect or to server select and selecting the server. Asks to remove offline character. Click yes. It then says someone is logging into your account and gives an error. You need to click the Chat button, then logout from there, and log back in again on main screen and then it will let you in.