The best thing devs can do for the live game..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goodkitty, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Goodkitty Augur

Bring back twink gear. The economy that comes with it too..

Make mission drops, rare named npc drops ALL DROPPABLE NOT NO DROP.

Get rid of Required level limits on SH/TWINK/GROUP/IT gear, gear that drops in the open world (NOT RAID GEAR)
    Recommended levels were kind of cool because the gear would level with your character.
    Sup Rog, Dre. and Skrab like this.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Please, make all buffs land on a Level 1. Let's open the game up to some fun.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Dre. like this.
  3. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

Give actual Experience to Mobs in static zones. It is ridiculous that i used to get 0.012 exp/ per kill in the new expansion when i payed for this game. Yes, i have stopped paying for this game as it the only real way to show my disappointment in it after playing it for 21 years.
    Hobitses and Vizier like this.
  4. Paladin Augur

Is it Bristlebane Day all ready?
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Alnitak Augur

At level 1 new character can be twinked up with:
    +1200 nominal AC value
    +6176 HP
    +6176 Mana
    +5176 End
    +12 HP regen
    +37 Mana regen
    +40 most stats
    +90 resist

Primordial Noodles with Indigenous Primordial Meat
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=160789
    Primordial Plasma Smoothie
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=160796
    Electrum trio jewelry with Underfoot diamons x 8
    Mount Blessin Kala
    https://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=49441
    comes from Darkpaw Destrier anniversary saddle

How much more twinking you really need at lvl 1 ?
    minimind, Coagagin and MasterMagnus like this.
  6. Iven the Lunatic

Nah, its Brew Day now. :D
  7. Sobmre Augur

remove all no drop for items that are in free to play expansions.

cept quest stuff that is
  8. Metanis Bad Company

Perhaps the Live game isn't that important. TLP has to be much more lucrative. All they need to do is keep convincing people to start over and provision the occasional virtual machine.
    Nennius likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't think they are that far apart, TLP players buy a lot of krono & bags, Live players buy expansions & fashionquest crates.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  10. code-zero Augur

It's been a very long time since any regular player on a live server even used the term "twink" at all. I don't see the point as all that old stuff is still around but defiant is better anyway
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

IDK about removing all restrictions.. but I do see a ton of stuff rot from zones/content where the quality is group level and the items are NO DROP. Missions are especially annoying when the loot item is something class specific.

At least having the group stuff be attunable, so it can be sent to the Bazaar or an alt with relative ease. This could also cause an influx of unattuner purchases from the various sources (Loyalty, Overseer(?), and DPG Store).

Remove "Prestige" from a whole lot of items that are woefully outdated, including augments. I don't have a specific Xpac/level defined, but there's definitely no reason to hold those tags on ancient gear. It would open up more for free accounts without having a major impact on subscriptions.
    Hobitses, Skuz and MasterMagnus like this.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

removing no drop from all equippable, non-quest gear in FTP expansions is a good move. Bazaar would see a wide array of options open up.
    Hobitses and Skuz like this.
  13. Sup Rog Elder

The game was so much fun, back in the day when you could twink/buff out a lower level character. The game is way more fun being overpowered, it just is.
    Brontus likes this.
  14. Brontus EQ Player Activist

While we're at it, here are a few more sacred cow design decisions that need to be taken to the EverQuest slaughterhouse and dispatched with extreme prejudice:
    • Remove the ability for mobs to summon players
    • Remove all (snare/root) immunities from mobs
    • Remove charm restrictions on all non-named mobs
    • Allow levitation to work in all zones
    • Allow druids to charm all animals in the animal kingdom, not just mammals
    Hobitses, Jumbur and Bernel like this.
  15. Bernel Augur

I think a lot of these sorts of ideas are great, but they should be restricted to older expansions. The newer expansions should be normal, but the older an expansion is, the less restricted it is. I think it's fine if the newest 2-3 expansions are hard since that's where groups are actively adventuring. But as an expansion gets older, it should become easier since there are fewer people doing it. When an expansion is deserted, it doesn't really matter if the difficulty is lowered. Nothing is being contested. Everyone who wanted to experience it with a full group already did when it was released. Years later it will be done solo, so no need to have it at full strength.