Raid Window Output Question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Imukai, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Imukai Augur

Are there any known conditions where a toon might be missing from /output raid ?

I use these for DKP attendance purposes and haven't had any (known) issues for years. Last night however there was one mage that was missing in a couple of the output files. We know for sure was in the raid at the time. In the output file his group only showed 5 there instead of 6.

I am wondering if this might be a bug or if there are any known conditions that would cause it. I really don't want to have to resort to screenshots and manual data entry.
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

Zoning.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Maedhros High King

I have had issues in the group game that I am in a group, I can see group chat, but the people in the group can't see me in the group.
    Seen the same thing happen with other people.
    Maybe you encountered the raid version.
    That being said, I have been raid leading for a really, really long time and have never seen the bug you're talking about.
  4. Aldryn Another New Member

This. I dunno what causes it (lag, probably, it's always lag, right?), but every now and again what I can only describe as a "blank entry" will appear in the raid window. It acts like a person that I can click on and move between groups, but it doesn't actually do anything. It's like it's a "shadow" of a player that is actually in a group, but is telling me they can't see their group even though they're in it on my screen (and on everyone else's, too).

That's the only time I can think of where problems with raid dump happen, and I've also been using it for quite a long time. If I were to suggest anything, I would just open/close toggle on the raid window a couple of times before actually taking the dump just to make sure everyone's actually in the groups the window says they're in.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

I have seen situations where you end up with a ghost in the raid tool. So and so may be in the raid, you can see an unnamed person of their class in the window and you cannot move them.
    Closing/re-opening the raid tool usually fixes it.

Maybe related?
  6. Imukai Augur

This is also the first (known) time for me also. It may happen quite often and those it impacts just never reported any discrepancies to me.

I don't recall seeing a ghost entry but I'm not the one handling the raid window and flopping folks around. I'm just the lucky DKP secretary. :)

I will open/close the tool a couple times before I output. I haven't used the in-window Dump button in a very long time, but rather a hotkey for /output raid. I presume they do the same thing, but I could very well be wrong on that.

If any of you see a ghost, could you try and figure out who is missing and then see if they appear in a dump file? Sounds like they might be related.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

If I see a ghost, I will try to remember to take a dump and compare.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent