What if we could /trader anywhere game feature request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Laronk, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Scorrpio Augur

I would not mind paying cost of a sub ($120 annual) to have an app on my phone that lets me put up for sale any item on any of my toons. And to check prices and buy stuff on bazaar from that app as well.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yes would be awesome if one could from one account sell while playing another char. there are times when I don't go out and play as its a busy selling time (usually the weekends) so I just keep my trader up. Be nice if I could do both. Another nice thing would be to buy/sell from one char also be nice.

Andarriel
  3. Cronar Elder

Just wish they would steal the eq2 broker system and replace the bazaar.
    Skuz and Balthozzar like this.
  4. Balthozzar Elder

Totally. I played EQ2 for a few years before coming back here 3 years ago. Each game has its pros and cons, but EQ2's broker actually makes sense.
  5. Bamboompow Augur

Had one of those "They gotcha" moments a few weeks back. Had a silver account with a heroic on it I have not been playing. Loaded it up with loot to sell. Parked on the platform. Hit the "Lets make Plat" button. And fail......
    Since I was too lazy to move all my stuff and redo all the prices, I got my CC out. Dammit.
  6. KarmaKitty Augur

yes, "/bazaar" and "/barter" work everywhere based on my experience. Buying from the bazaar requires you parcel the item, since you are not there in person (makes sense). Also, Sellers beware. There are buyers who will offer less than the npc vendors (and there are many vendors outside POK and cities waiting for you).
  7. random_pawn00 Journeyman

No doubt... Long overdue to have this for subs.
    Laronk likes this.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

People who have multiple accounts with one as a 24/7 bazaar mule would have the same number of accounts even if one was not a 24/7 bazaar mule. The people who have these things have chosen to because they want to do more, not because they have to do it. Hell, I have more than one account, but I still just use my main for my bazaar because I don't care to have to go through all that to move things from one account to another.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Nothing new on /barter thing, people have been buying gems and vendor trash from people for less than it sells for to npcs since classic. It is all about convivence and freeing up bag space usually.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is true.

If you have a 24/7 baz mule up to make money then you can afford to pay for it as its own account. Because 24/7 will make money. You do not need to split the time with your main account.

The rest of us, like myself, go adventuring for how ever long and right before I log I switch to my trader account for the night.

So if your serious enough to have a 24/7 for the income then you can afford to pay for the separate account is my view.
  11. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

My trader is on my main account. When I log off with my main, I'll log back on and sell. When I come back the next day, I'll collect my spoils. I'll add to my selling inventory when I loot or make things with my trade skills.

Depending on what I have, I'll make between 800K and 8 million a night when I log on my trader.
    KarmaKitty and CatsPaws like this.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

If they were gonna do a marketplace would prob be part of a expansion luclin would be the one i think since baz came out with luclin expansion eons ago. There is a part 2 for luclin 2.0 so who knows but it would be nice.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea also depends what you sell too. Weekends are usually nice minus when they have this stupid xp bonus then ppl seem to buy less.
    Eaedyilye likes this.
  14. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

That's true. Seems like clicky illusions and augs sell the best. Heroic armor is a mixed bag and the LON cards are either big plat or garbage. Being a TS freak, I just make new augs and they sell fairly quick. Rare TS mats are good if you can farm the needed drops. After the anniversary is over I'm going to farm the more desirable augs. They sell well on my server.

The biggest thing with selling is patients. I have a bunch of old raid gear that just sits on my trader but it will sell, especially when the level 100 heroics come out. But if I buy a heroic toon, I'll just remove the old gear and equip my new mage with it. I have an extra EM 29 just waiting to be used again.
  15. Strumph Augur

Yes being able to sell 24/7 would be GREAT! I thought so and in 2019 so made 4th account. Then they gave us a free heroic in 2020... now I have a bard and 4 box :). Doubt I could get away with making a 5th account for a trader.