Returning Beastlord main question in terms of potential box composition

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Gannicus19, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Gannicus19 New Member

Hey guys just logged in as my 79 Beastlord. I have full defiant gear and epic 1.5 and some interesting pet enhancement jewelry. Anyway I was thinking about trying a four box and I can’t decide on a good combo…here’s some thoughts

BST/BST/Bard/Shaman

BST/Paladin/Bard/Shaman

Bst/Zerk/Bard/Shaman

BST/War/Bard/Shaman

BST/Pal/ZerkShaman

I do kinda like paladins and berserk at least from the sounds of the class. But given a limited amount of play time I need the most kick group with the Beast. Almost leaning towards Bst/Pal/Bard/Shaman and sticking to undead based zones for a while. Also an all Beastlord zoo squad sounds super funny too
  2. Zunar Augur

How about:

Bst / Pal / Bard / Rogue?

I box a SK myself with my bst.
  3. Gosan Kai Elder

Bst / Sk / Brd / Shm.

Pld, or war will suffice in the tank spot, but with SK the combination of the epics will get you through any rough spots.
  4. Tucoh Augur

bst / brd / sha

+ 1 of pal, sk, war. SK is strongest group tank and probably will always be. Pal has really good healing. Warrior is boosted the most by bst, is easiest to play and requires the least amount of effort to play.

Note that unless you're using inner space boxer I don't recommend 4boxing. You might want to try 3boxing first to see if you like it and add a fourth later (which is easy due to fellowship XP).

Also note that if you add a plate tank, your beastlord's role will turn into ADPS / DPS. If you want to keep your BST the star, I recommend bst/bst/brd.
    Tropi likes this.
  5. Iribabh Augur

Agree with Tucoh. If you want a plate tank and you want to focus on the beast, make it a warrior. SK's are like beastlords in that they are casting spells constantly (if you aren't you're just playing either class poorly) that have 0.5 or insta cast times.

Also consider swapping that shm to dru. Beast and Druid have some pretty good synergies, druids are solid damage, and who doesn't like ports? Shaman is prolly the choice in a min/max, esp if you do add that plate tank (adding plate tank I wouldn't recommend the druid as much anymore) but druid can be a fun alternative. Bst / dru / brd is my box crew.
  6. Gannicus19 New Member

If I three box BST/BST/Bard. How would I beat level up the Beastlord and bard that are brand new characters? Do I park the other 79 Beastlord near them and just throw them heals?
  7. Roxas MM Augur

in the later expansions, in some missions, the beast pets will not be able to tank though, so having a plate tank ready will make a huge difference.
  8. Orienn TreeHugger

I do SK/Ranger/BST....and just added a bard, recently got him to 120.
  9. Shortina Journeyman

as a bst too, who would like to get an alt group going.. is IS Boxer legal? I certainly do not want to chance getting banned for its use. It might help with a real duo group though.
  10. Shortina Journeyman

oh and I only have three accounts so curious what a good three box would be, I have the bst.. I have a shaman/sk/druid (at a lower level) on 2nd account, I have an enchanter/bard on the third account.
  11. Moebius8 Lorekeeper

I currently play dru/shm/bst with a tank/tank/caster merc seteup
    All i really have to do is keep the tanks and bst buffed and keep leopard etc up to rip through mobs