Celebrating EverQuest's 23rd Anniversary!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why not stop getting worked up over someone pointing out that the legal issues with the sweepstakes in other countries isn't the fault of the US and that loot boxes and sweepstakes follow different laws. Why you think that if Daybreak was violating laws in some countries by selling them that those countries would not have taken action by now?
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Don't cross the little darlings too hard. They have friends with an un-resistible silence spell.

We are guilty
    We are beyond hope
    We beg to differ
    We are a terminal case

Are we different men? (No)
    We are exactly the same
    There are no boxes for us
    The ones you love to hate, so read on

Press darlings
    Press darlings
    Press darlings
    Press darlings
    Press darlings
    We depress!

...The press darlings
    Skrab likes this.
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Are you asking me why countries don’t catch every law breaker?
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am asking you why you are so concerned about this and the fact that sweepstakes laws have nothing to do with loot box laws. As far as I am aware there are many more countries with laws about sweepstakes then laws about loot boxes.
  5. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

No, you asked me this:

So, which is your question?
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why do you think Daybreak is violating any laws? What evidence do you have of this happening? And what does loot boxes have to do with a special sweepstakes for an event?
  7. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

-Loot boxes for sale in Belgium and Netherlands
    -Both are games of chance, one makes money and one is free
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Netherlands: Seems like others would disagree about them being illegal as there are ways it can be illegal and legal.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/q7u78c/no_antiloot_box_laws_in_the_netherlands/

And why is it so hard to understand that a sweepstakes and loot box are not the same as considered by the law?

Are you suggesting that Daybreak doesn't care if it gets multi million dollar fines for breaking these loot box rules?
  9. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Your source is Reddit?
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

My source is pointing to the actual law. And that is still better then the zero sources from your side.
  11. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You linked Reddit.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

https://www.squirepattonboggs.com/~...ment/runninganinternationalprizepromotion.pdf

Uk law on international sweepstakes
  13. Derd Augur

Just reading thru that made it seem prudent for them to limit this sweepstakes to usa only.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Tammie Brady :goat:
  15. Elabone Augur

"this is stupid"
    gets told why its done the way it is
    "thats stupid"
    gets shown why it is the way it is
    "youre stupid"

if you dont even care about the issue enough to look into it, why are you posting 40 replies about it. like you either have to be trolling or the most miserable person ever.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  16. Sethelarian New Member

OMG TIL Firiona Vie was a Paladin, lol all these years I thought she was an Enchanter >< (lol been gone since 06, just came back in 22!)
    Xynstar Silvernote likes this.
  17. AbsolutelyFabulous New Member

I am unable to find some of the anniversary quest givers. The calendar says 14-21 should be up. Talking to the mechanical fortune tellers agrees they should be up but unable to find some of them. For example:
    Captain Jack Aviak
    a Dreadspire servant

Any suggestions?
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I just did Captain Jack - he is up the top of the library. Outside by some npc merchants. Pretty sure he is on find. As is the Dreadspire servant who is under a bridge on the evil side pok
    here is a map of him
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=53886

Edit - yes I just double checked and all quest givers are showing under the find key. So click the one you want and it will make a path to them
    [IMG]
    Hobitses, Yinla and Szilent like this.