Paladin molo question.

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by ceto, Feb 12, 2022.

1. ceto Elder

Hi folks,

Can someone tell me how well Paladins molo at the higher levels? Like at 50+. I just want to level up by doing trash mobs, nothing special.

Thanks.
  2. Szilent Augur

If you can stick to Undead areas, they do real good :) solo, even, not molo, if your gear is good for your level
    Wulfhere likes this.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

Solo/molo in general is awful after 65/70, but you can typically find an undead area for each level range and you are basically only going to want to fight undead.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

"High" and "50+" don't compute for me. A tank merc can AFK you to 70-80 without even trying.

That said if you focus on undead mobs with a healer merc past those levels, assuming you can gear yourself past defiant gear, you should be fine. Make sure you have a healthy 2h weapon to swap to so that you aren't taking 45 minutes to kill anything.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Paladins used to solo like gods, or demi-gods if you want to call SKs the gods, until the riposte nerf.

Still solo very well. At 115 I was doing 200 aa an hour solo easy. Soloing your evolvers is also WAY faster than grouping at 110-115.

At 120 I haven't really looked though, the mobs have so much more HP in the last two expansions, not sure how that goes. Can still do 80 in a lesson in eastern wastes if I need a glyph or two real quick, which isn't great (they are light blue), but I wouldn't call it awful.
    Ozon likes this.
  6. Transporter Lorekeeper

molo isn't bad as i tell every other paladin the secret is to always have something running. I have several disc/spell/aa combo's that I keep in rotation to keep the mass killing at a steady pace. You'll have the strugglers complain because they lack the know-how, but a Paladin can solo just fine especially after you have BoTF go off.
    Ozon likes this.
  7. ceto Elder

Thanks for the responses. My Pally is at 50, and i switched to the Wizard Merc and mobs die pretty fast so far, lets see how it goes as I level.

Thanks!
    Transporter likes this.
  8. LoLitsNeal Journeyman

Paladin molo has been fun for me. Got him to 92 so far. Generally rolling with a wizard or rogue merc since I have been able to both tank and heal myself in most situations. Whats cool though is I couldnt roll with a dps merc with most other classes since I needed healing. Paladin + dps merc = king so far.

You need decent gear though to do this. Once you get to 70 in full Elegant, start looking into the Paragon Hero Journey armor. Then at 85 you can do House of Thule for those armor upgrades.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

At 50 you should still use a tank merc, as its extremely op. Around 65-70 is when it starts to fall off.
  10. FranktheBank Augur

Alternatively, you can go w/o a merc to not share xp. I would probably look at a parser to figure out if your merc is doing more dps than you. Especially if you are able to stick to undead areas.
  11. Wulfhere Augur

Sure but for any healing class, a wizard merc on AE burn stance until 60-65 or so.