What Were The Biggest Nerfs in EQ History?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ibc93, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Nildail New Member

This - as a Druid, it really sped up Root/Rotting; especially when pairing with my friend and his Necro.
    Ileasa likes this.
  2. Wendiyenie New Member

I remember when you could get the Copper Hammer of Striking and it would proc and do major damage (for low level toons). Spent a lot of time around Crushbone.
  3. Sprooce Lorekeeper

Love the video, Ion Blaze, thanks! So cool to see all the EQ YouTubers on it too, you guys all make great content.
    Ileasa likes this.
  4. theonepercent Augur

Low level quest exp being nerfed into the ground
    removing rat ears from merchants
    taunt pulling
    not being able to give gear/weapons to lots of charmable mobs
    all of the changes to epic quests especially shaman
    MotM making lots of old raid strats not work anymore mostly due to pet agro being transfered
    Ileasa likes this.
  5. Triconix Augur

I don't know if it was mentioned yet, but the changes to No Time To Bleed (and all future renditions of this disc) was a major nerf with it going from 100% uptime to 3 minutes every 5.

I could also be misremembering but wasn't there a time when Defensive Proficiency was found to be stacking with our X Stand disc early on? I remember you needing to reactivate the proficiency when you hit stand because it was manual then, but the mitigation effects would then stack to form super mitigation mode.

If I remember correctly, COTF was a hilarious expansion for warriors as we became mitigation demi-gods. Def + prof ended up equaling something like 85% DI mitigation. Pop NTTB onto that and everything was hitting like misty thicket bixies.

Def Prof itself was nerfed into oblivion compared to it's original release. It's been reduced to what, 12% DI mitigation vs the original 30%? It's funny because warriors were almost exclusively a SwordBoard class back then and now the script is completely flipped with SwordBoard being next to useless outside niche situations.
  6. Muji Augur

Removing Complete Heal from treant fists.
    Monk mitigation nerf
    Eye of Zomm agro nerf
    No assist agro if agro mob twice in one tick nerf
    Bard singing on mobs out of line of sight and warping them through walls nerf
    Skewert likes this.
  7. FranktheBank Augur

It still hurts :(
  8. theonepercent Augur

Really does. It was a high risk, low reward way of saving a small bit of time vs other methods of single pulling. Probably nerfed to combat far taunt which wasn't affected at all.
  9. Hegsheoshed Augur

Egg-shaped pumice stones.
  10. Illisaur New Member

How did no necromancer (or shadowknight) mention unresistable taps? Sad lizard.
  11. Rhaz New Member

Taunt requiring line of sight. Being able to taunt pull through walls was probably overpowered though.
  12. Iven Antonius Bayle

TSoL PC models...
    • do not show the dwarf roll animation.
    • do not show why ogres are greenbloods.
    • do not show the hygienical backside massage animation on ogres and trolls.
    • do not show Kunark and Velious armor textures
    • turned ugly helmets into even more ugly helmets
    • turned human and elven female PC models into stumbling gawks
    Skewert and Ileasa like this.
  13. baby-iksar Journeyman

The Cragbeast Queen's Lizardscale Woven Sash. The spell haste (unlike the melee belt) was eventually level capped. I miss the extra spell haste. :(
  14. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

While not the "biggest" of item nerfs, the Pulsing Goo from Dragon Necropolis was quite a loss.

https://eq.magelo.com/item/26015

Lore, so you could only have one, but a single charge of rez usable by any class? The was a raid saver back in the day.
  15. Leerah Augur

Putting clothes on fairies and sirens. Ugh!
  16. Tsolaes Elder

Rondor and Iven like this.
  17. Igorath-Bertox Elder

removal of Banishing for lady vox and lord naggy. even harder to find up now.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Thankfully they added Agents of Change on live and you can get both of those in a DZ once a week,
    Rondor and Celephane like this.
  19. Gengrel Lorekeeper

Why was the druid epic 2.0 taken from 5% dmg boost and lasting 1 minute to 30 seconds and then 50% and then 1%... 50% dmg boost to 1% is a huge nerf, thats TERRIBLE.

https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhistory.html?id=6269&source=Live
    If it wasnt at least a stat stick and i knew this before i got it, i probably would have not done it. Am I missing something , like base dmg vs modified or w/e ? I was live and remember it being amazing but these nerfs were done 2014 (biggest nerf to 1%)

2014-03-31 22:16Changed Base2_1 from 0 to 50
    2014-03-31 22:16Changed Slot 1 from "Increase Incoming Spell Damage by 50% " to "Increase Incoming Spell Damage by 1% "

does that mean it has the chance to be 0% increase UP to 50% increase base dmg?
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Did anyone already mention /pizza?
    Winnowyl and minimind like this.