Cast gem 14

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hekaton, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Hekaton Augur

so i was tweaking some of my spell casting keys and noticed that there was a Cast Gem 14 even though we only have 13 spell slots.

any chance of getting another rank of mnemonic retention so we can use that lol
    Strumph, Zaray and ChiiChii like this.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

14 would be great, 15 would be better and 16 would be best. I just want to get away from 13, there’s nothing you can do with it other than straight line.
    Coagagin likes this.
  3. gnomeboss Augur

i would preorder an expansion for this. /nod
    Allayna likes this.
  4. Moege Augur

No thanks, will mess up my UI layout once again.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, so nobody should get more gems, cause your screen won't be pretty anymore?

You don't want 'em? Don't display 'em!
    Fenthen and Orienn like this.
  6. ChiiChii Augur

Yyyeeesssss!! Glad I found this thread cos under options/keys in spell casting there is a shortcut for cast 14. Was this intentional for future use or....? Hmm
  7. bard007 Augur

Makes sense to get 1 or 2 more spell gems, save us dropping to different spell sets.
    I get the feeling though its not intentional at this stage...:)
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When they added the 13th Gem we expected to get the 14th as well, pretty sure we were told it was for future use, beta forum for that expansion are no longer available so cant check.

For a while I had a 14 gem cast bar, but at some stage I changed it (14th Gem was just greyed out the same as before youi purchase the AA.
    Fenthen and ChiiChii like this.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

Rather then more spell gems, I would rather them get away from non-sense durations.

Why do I have to keep recasting the proc aura as an ENC? Why do auras even fade? What is the point of that. I have to basically waste a spell gem on MR aura or lose some time switching the spell out because I am going to have to recast it multiple times during an event. Auras should run until they are disabled.

Times on other things like NPT are just obnoxious too. Scale back the DPS some if you have to but make it a group spell and let it last a hour. There is nothing challenging about it. It's just annoying.

The aggro visages are another example.
    Strumph, Tatanka and MageGuy like this.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

14th spell cast window slow, $50 bet, that is smething they are going to add on if you pay montly for it. " Perk ". pay to win.
  11. CrazyLarth Augur

12. Raccoo Augur

13. Riou EQResource

Get rid of the disc slots and spell gem slots and just let you put it directly on hot bars :p

Though do wish they upped the disc slots to match spell gems or at least the slots of a hotbar, sticking to 8 is weird
    Szilent likes this.
  14. Moege Augur

Can already drag them to hotbars. Can probably just have the spell bar hidden. disc's you need to move the time left indicator somewhere else in you UI, (a daunting task for most) then you can have that window hidden. Only need to show those windows when you are building new spellsets/upgrading discs

To make it easier really should have the rightclick menus for spells/discs also active on hotbars.
  15. Vumad Cape Wearer

You can definitely hide the spell bar.

Here's a fun fact I learned recently....

You can multibind the UI toggles....
    - Open the Options and go to the Keys tab.
    - Then select UI from the drop down
    - Pick a Key for your toggles
    - In the alternate column, use that key for everything you want to easily toggle on and off
    ---- If you disable F10 as your UI toggle, you can use F10 for this
    - if you accidentally close a window, it will toggle opposite. simple use the default key to enable/disable that window to sync it back up with your alternate key press.

Example...

Go to Toggle UI display, click the base F10 and hit ESC to remove F10 as the UI toggle.

Then select everything you want to be toggled with F10 and put F10 as the alternate. Here are some good choices...

Spell gem window
    Hotbar 1
    Any hotbar you have keys assigned to
    Auras (unless you need on for cures)
    Buffs (unless you need on for cures)
    Selector window
    Actions
    Bandolier
    Pet
    Merc

F10 will not longer disable your UI
    It will however toggle all of these on and off as a single multibind

When you hit... F10 iirc, you can toggle your UI off for a more immersive view of the game without the UI blocking things.

What I found out recently is, if you can set certain windows to NOT go away when pressing F10. That means you can have your hotbar 1, spell bar, merc window, pet window etc, hide with F10 but your chat windows and hotbars not tied to keyboard keys not hide. You can quickly toggle on/off the view stuff you do and don't need to see most of the time.

Appologies if F10 isn't right, maybe it's F11...
  16. Angahran Augur

Care to share how ?
  17. Vumad Cape Wearer

Yes, but I gave incorrect information. Now that I have loaded my game and looked at how I did it, I edited my post with the correct information. Also I have quoted it here below.

18. Angahran Augur

ah, so it's not really toggling the entire UI you just manually set the same key to toggle each window you wanted to show/hide.

Thanks.