Confirmed Cleric Merc No Longer Cures Diseases

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Amelnara, Mar 12, 2022.

1. Amelnara Apprentice

Hello! Hopefully, this is the correct way to "report" an issue that cropped up immediately after the most recent maintenance patch. Although my cleric mercenary is still buffing and healing as she always has, she no longer seems the least bit interested in curing diseases of any kind. A general inquiry to the chat channel (Firiona Vie) suggested i'm not the only one to experience this issue. Since there are some "ick spells" that last nearly an hour, it's quite bothersome that the cleric merc no longer cures them. Yes, i have a cleric alt that i can log in to travel and cast a cure, but this approach is cumbersome and ultimately not sustainable.

I hope this issue will soon be resolved. In the meantime, cheers for now!
    B0HICA, iWONDER, Plecostomus and 12 others like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

I've been playing some lower level alts lately and have been using a cleric merc. I also have noticed that certain dots, that I know can be cured, seemed to be sticking around longer than I would have expected. I thought that maybe I was just not paying attention to when the merc cured them, but now I think I'll have to see if they are in fact not being cured.
  3. Wulfhere Augur

My merc is still curing Restless Ice (50 curse counters) promptly.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Do you block any cures? Which tier merc do you have?

Are you in combat, or taking dot damage? I think mercs may de-prioritize curing for healing while in combat or taking damage.
  5. Amelnara Apprentice

Soulbanshee, thanks for the questions. I haven't done anything differently post-patch than i did pre-patch (no blocking of cures, for example). What's happening now is that after a battle, in a pure period of calm with the cleric merc sitting comfortably at 100% mana, she's still not curing.
  6. Amelnara Apprentice

PS: My "work around" is to "Throne of Heroes" to the Guild Lobby, hop into my Guild Hall and heal whatever ick needs healing with my main (me). My my there's a lot of me's in that sentence!
    This is certainly not a game-crushing issue. But i have noticed the change and it's a mild annoyance.
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

Add in some of the debuff names that needed to be cured so they have more info to look into the issue better if its a logic or merc spell set issue. What merc were you using and what is your level?
    Svann2 likes this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Last night, I took a lower level toon to ToV with my SK and ranger (both 120), and using the ranger's healer merc with max AA.

The SK got Restless Ice on a pull and the merc would not cure it. I had to use a combinatin of the SK's cure AA and the ranger's gimpy heal/cure spell to finally get rid of it. The merc just sat there and healed as the dot hit each tick.

Maybe it was lag...I don't know. I never got hit with Restless Ice again while I was there to test, but the merc was definitely not curing it.
    Elyssanda and Rondor like this.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

They used to cure too much.
  10. Yarmeth Journeyman

My level 120,T5, fully AA'd merc with all Vigilant gear no longer cures me of Restless Ice/Restless Ice Infection. I have my merc set to Reactive and I do not have any spell blocked that my Merc could cast that would cure it. I believe this is either a Nerf or a Bug. Either way, how do healers just forget their spells. DB, this makes no sense! Come on man! I'm already spending 260 plat every 15 minutes my Merc is up. So now I have to spend 80 more plat per potion to cure RII. Again, this makes no sense!

Let me also add that I have been killing the giants in Kael Drakkel (ToV) and have had Restless Ice cast on me 10 times (as of this post). My merc never cured any of them. I had to use Distillate of Immunization XVI. (80 plat a pop) One thing about using DI XVI, it does not cure Restless Ice so you have to wait until the spell procs Restless Ice Infection. If you use the potion too quickly you blow it and have to wait for the refresh and do it again.
  11. Conq Augur

Merc's are the Devil.
    Conq
  12. Wulfhere Augur

Oh! a plat sink ...
  13. bobokatt Augur

This exactly.

In COV, I use potions of Tropical Cure-All as I made a crap load on my shaman and then follow that up with my own necro cure. I have to do the same, wait for the Ice Infection to proc and then cure. My Necro self cure Embrace the Decay cures 40 disease and the potion cures 25 and it gets rid of it, as it's a 60 disease counter. I have not found a way to cure the actual first part which is a Curse counter, so I have to wait.

Either way, the mercs are on total strike in regards to curing this.
  14. LesserArchi Elder

Just remember that you have be in rest mode before Merc Cleric cure stuff.
    If you keep pulling mobs and never achieve rest mode then the Merc will never cure.

If you still have a spell on you when you achieve rest mode then please identify the spell and report to bug.

Restless Ice/ infection have been cured by Merc when you are in rest mode state. As of yesterday, day before that and so on... at least on my toon. FYI
  15. Wulfhere Augur

Not true. My merc cures (curse) during combat and promptly.

If it matters, my healer merc is a female dwarf model.
  16. LesserArchi Elder

Really? You are not pulling my leg?
    My merc is human female.
    I have paid attention today see if anything different at Great Divide in ToV expansion.
    Spent several hours and she only heals when in rest state, took few seconds after that.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

Mercs have always cured during combat. Maybe not right away, but they eventually do cure stuff. Restless Ice is a real easy one to test it with, if you happen to get hit with it.

Didn't they recently "fix" certain merc models that weren't using their focus items? I'm wondering if that might have something to do with this issue. The fact that mercs (at least at 120) aren't equipping weapons/shields may not be just the cosmetic issue that they keep claiming it is.
  18. Svann2 The Magnificent

Back in TBM we couldnt bring mercs on a certain mission because when she cured it would provoke a serious consequence. Like enough to wipe most groups.
  19. Wulfhere Augur

Sounds like your merc is busted then.

Here is my 118 dwarf female merc curing in combat recently:

[Sat Mar 05 12:34:20 2022] A cold ghoul begins casting Creeping Pus.
    [Sat Mar 05 12:34:20 2022] Pus starts to erupt all over your skin.
    [Sat Mar 05 12:34:20 2022] You have taken 49789 damage from Creeping Pus by a cold ghoul.
    [Sat Mar 05 12:34:20 2022] Birtre begins casting Guileless Remedy Rk. II.

[Sat Mar 05 12:34:24 2022] Birtre begins casting Expurgated Blood Rk. II.

[Sat Mar 05 12:34:26 2022] A cold ghoul hits YOU for 510 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Mar 05 12:34:26 2022] You have taken 49789 damage from Creeping Pus by a cold ghoul.
    [Sat Mar 05 12:34:26 2022] Your blood is cleansed of impurities.
  20. LesserArchi Elder

Good to hear that one, cause I have never noticed the my Merc ever curing in combat.
    Especially fighting the named mobs. That's when you noticed the dot effects.

Thanks,