Pally question

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Qimble, Mar 12, 2022.

1. Qimble Augur

Has Gift of Life always blocked Lay on Hands? My gut tells me I've used them in that order in previous expansions without issue, but before filing a bug report I figured I should double check.
  2. Thren Lorekeeper

Not sure, but if you're trying to fire those back to back I'm thinking you're already up the creek without a paddle
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Maedhros High King

I don't remember them not stacking but there is definitely an issue now.
    I think its an incredible mistake that most paladins make that they hold these types of abilities for "emergencies" which really means they never, or at best extremely rarely, use some of their biggest heals. See the same issue with bad disc usage, in novice tanks.
    Use your abilities.

We should try to get to the bottom of this.
  4. Qimble Augur

It's def not an ideal situation, but I swear I've been able to use those fairly close together in order to salvage oh crap situations.
  5. Wulfhere Augur

Lay on Hands and Gift of Life have never stacked, as they both use slot 10 for the heal over time.

What has changed is that GoL HoT has become stronger then that of LoH, for paladins with comparable ranks of each AA.

At max AA ranks, GoL now overrides LoH whereas the reverse was true before.

I personally believe this is worth a bug report because a single target spell, from the same character, should not be weaker then a group or AE spell for purposes of overriding spdat slots. It seems from the spell histories that this requirement was understood, but it has not been held up in the ToL upgrades.

GoL X ties LoH XXXIII which probably overwrites in either direction.

[IMG] Lay on Hands XXXIII Increase Hitpoints v2 by 30000 per tick
    [IMG] Gift of Life X Increase Hitpoints v2 by 30000 per tick

GoL XI overrides LoH XXXIV.

[IMG] Lay on Hands XXXIV Increase Hitpoints v2 by 33500 per tick
    [IMG] Gift of Life XI Increase Hitpoints v2 by 35000 per tick

See the stacking game https://lucy.allakhazam.com/stacking.html?id=53968&source=Live
    Lubianx, Allayna and Qimble like this.
  6. FranktheBank Augur

On the top of stacking, HoP getting blocked by dots is absolutely enraging.
  7. Qimble Augur

Hand of Piety gets blocked by dots? I mainly use it as a splash, but man is that counter-intuitive design. Why would it get blocked by the very thing it seems like it's designed to help against?

Second stacking question that is maybe me not having noticed it before:
    Spiritual Vigor currently prevents casting Force of Disruption entirely. Divine Stun and Disruptive Persecution still can be cast the Yaulp component just gets blocked. Does anyone remember if previous levels of SV blocked out use of FD in that way?
  8. Wulfhere Augur

Lubianx and Maedhros like this.
  9. Maedhros High King

I see no good reason that I shouldn't be able to fire all 3 of these things one after another without any stacking or blocking whatsoever.
    Would definitely like to have these looked at.
    Wulfhere and Lubianx like this.
  10. josh Augur

most dots cast by mobs are put in slots greater than 12 these days. would be nice if they went back and changed every npc spell to work that way but, probably a lot of work to make sure that doesn't break anything.