Anniversary reward suggestions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Annie, Feb 25, 2022.

1. Sain_Rathe Lorekeeper

All these item zoom you IN, looking for one that allows you to zoom OUT farther
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I would like to see them be "exchanged" (you get the original item back) for a an aug using a new aug slot type. Additionally, a "trophy rack" or whatever you want to call the item, with a slot for every possible PoR trophy. You can then hang the base trophies in your house/GH for looks, and consolidate all the mods down to a single item.

Alternatively, they could provide a quest that requires turning in the maxed trophy of all of the basic TS's (excluding Poisonmaking, Tinkering, Alchemy, etc..). Upon completion, you get the trophies back + a singular item with a mod to all basic TS's (either individual %'s or a whole new modifier that covers those TS's). They could even go so far as to make the final item a 20% mod for extra incentive.

It also encourages completing the PoR trophies and not just snagging the Shei scissors, XTC hammer, or VT orb to skip and just have a 15% modder.
  3. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

VG devs were/are EQ and EQ2 devs
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Maybe some devs worked on Both projects but that isn't the entire team and you still have different games and teams with different philosophies. Saying that they did something in a past game isn't a good reason for them doing the same in a different game.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I didn't? I just said that it was done before in a game who's IP is owned by the same company that owns EQ?
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I am pointing out that what one game does isn't a reason for another game to do it. If you want them to make a change you should come up with reasons for doing it in EQ and why it would be good or wouldn't cause problems in the game. Pointing it out that it was done in another game that is no longer operating isn't going to help convince them that it should be done in EQ.
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I think you're replying to the wrong person here then. It wasn't my suggestion. I merely clarified that _IF_ it were added, TLP's wouldn't have access until ToL became unlocked AND that it had been done before in another game owned by the same company, thus they may have access to the code to see if it could be used/adjusted to work with EQ.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

/shrug, you where the one who remark about it being done in Vanguard so it could be done in EQ. I am sure there are plenty of other things done in other Daybreak games both current and past that people would want in EQ.
  10. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Right, but I'm not going to sit and argue for someone else's suggestion against someone who opposes it because

That's for you and Flatchy to debate.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Who said anything about opposing the suggestion? I am just trying to point out that using a different game to justify adding something to EQ is not the way to do it. I never said anything about the idea being good or bad just that you can't use Vanguard as a reason for doing something in EQ.
  12. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Which I did not do. Like I said:

I never tried to justify adding something to EQ. Not once.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

girls, girls! You're both pretty.
    Flatchy, Elyssanda, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  14. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

You know... after thinking about it, you may be onto something there. Even though I posted the details with " Increase Magnification" as the spell modifier, it might be EQ's bassackwards code set that's using a base 100% for "normal" vision and anything greater than 100% is a % zoom out and anything less than 100% is a zoom in.

I waited a bit to see if someone came in to provide a response.. but I'll accept being wrong and sit here in my wrongness if I'm wrong.

The most detail, I found (that this reply is more on point and my original is wrong) comes from a comment on "Creeping Vision" being like "looking through very low power binoculars" and one on Telescope saying is zooms in the screen.

So yeah, it's probably the base 100% garbage. My bad dude/dudette.
    Sain_Rathe likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Corruption cure clicky!

We have disease and poison, corruption would be a nice addition to the clicky family.
    Dalrek_MM and Angahran like this.
  16. Elyssanda Bardbrain

a max shrink clicky for pets.. my WE BL would like her tree Teeny to be uber tiny again
  17. Evurkvest Augur

Sure but dont get your hopes up for class specific items.Get an instant clicky one like https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=72057 (there are many others) and make a macro.
  18. Evurkvest Augur

Port clickys for guildlobby and bazaar. 15 min CD
  19. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I wasn't meaning class specific.. I did mean for all pet classes, I just mentioned my specific desire.. because I loved when my tree was ankle high to a grasshopper.
  20. Sobmre Augur

7 pages of suggestions and not one reward kinda like someone suggested was made ?

am i wrong ?