Brewall Maps Issue

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LadyKagan, Mar 10, 2022.

1. LadyKagan Lorekeeper

I'm not sure if anyone can help me thils here, but I've noticed some of my maps aren't scaled correcly.

Nektulous Forest and The Lavastorm Mountains are zoomed out too far, so when I look at the map (and this is the regular size of it) my cursor is in the totally wrong spot. It's like it was saved zoomed out, so on my minimap spot, it's too small. I hope that makes sense.

I tried sending a note to the creator on Twitter but no answer yet. Is there a way to fix this on my end?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Is your auto zoom at the bottom of the map clicked on or off? (Depressed or not depressed) Try it the other way of what it is and see if that helps

Mouse/scroll help it at all?
  3. Astral64 Augur

This should solve all your EverQuest mapping problems.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Brewall has had some severe issues this year and has been unavailable for a few months. he is planning on coming back as soon as his RL allows. He really misses EQ
    Veteran_BetaTester and LadyKagan like this.
  5. Bahdah Augur

6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

17 pages of troubleshooting or are you advising op to download Goods Maps?:D
  7. LadyKagan Lorekeeper

I can't DL Goods because WinZip won't let me use free version anymore. Even when removing completely and redownloading.
  8. LadyKagan Lorekeeper

Auto Zoom is off and tried it with it on. No change.

Thanks for the suggestion though! I can still navigate, it's just things can be off so I have to take my time in certain areas.
  9. Iven the Lunatic

There is so much freeware around today. All those are compatible with zip, rar, 7zip and more.

Izarc2Go (Portable version !)
    7-Zip (german product from the city of Aachen; the 7z format has a better compression than ZIP and RAR)

I have removed WinRar from the list because it seems to be the usual 40 days shareware version.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

I am a bit confused. I just use the extract all utility in Win 10 and I can use Goods's maps just fine. Is there something really special about these other programs? I also have no issues unzipping files from other sources too.
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I use both Good's and Brews, and I know they have each other's as well. there are some zones where I prefer the color scheme better for one or the other.. that tends to skew in favor of Goods.. Brew has a bunch of light lines on the light background sometimes, and that makes it more difficult for my old eyes.
    Veteran_BetaTester, Skuz and Nennius like this.
  12. Iven the Lunatic

Windows 10 has integrated all basic features into the Explorer which was not the case for previous Windows versions. Most of them got installed together with the Microsoft unzip program which is not the same than WinZip which is software that does not belong to Microsoft. Other software does offer more functions and assisted file formats and sometimes a better file compression.
  13. Randel Flag Elder

yup windows 10 = rightclick, dropdown, extract all correct?
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Works for me.
  15. LadyKagan Lorekeeper

I wil try this!
  16. Bahdah Augur

yep with win10 you can just download Maps > right click > extract all. 3.6.22
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You've been able to open zip files in file explorer since at least Windows XP. You couldn't do some of the more advanced stuff until more recently, but you could easily do everything that you would need to copy and paste the maps into the appropriate folder.
    Nennius likes this.
  18. Nolrog Augur

I just use Windows Explorer and it works fine.
  19. xcitng Augur

i dl map zip to a maps folder, i just right click on the zip to open it, copy the map folder inside and paste it in my folder for maps, then make copies for all accounts eq map folders ... i only use good's maps but brewall's would be the same
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thanks. I used to use WinZip back in the Windows 95 days. I was just curious as to their utility these days.