Blocked Buffs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilpugs~Cazic, Mar 11, 2022.

1. Lilpugs~Cazic New Member

Can we raise the cap?
  2. Bahdah Augur

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Astral64 likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Take a bunch of old ones out of the list & you should have plenty of room.
    Only series I kept the old ones of was the "Voice of ..." SHD aggro line buff because those jokers used to love slapping that on the zerkers & watching them turn into red mist.
    Tropi, Ozon and Andarriel like this.
  4. Bahdah Augur

Not all of us have a short list
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

In the past they have said each buff in the buff block list is more work for the server to keep track of when you get buffs which suggest adding more would be a performance issue.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Bahdah Augur

64bit??? (I honestly don't know)
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would guess that doesn't matter as the issue is the server needs to check the entire blocked buff list every time a buff lands to check if it should be blocked or not.
  8. Iven Antonius Bayle

I would like to know if also spells on mercs could be blocked. Mod rods could be placed into storage and houses to not stress the spell block list.
  9. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I have 33 spells blocked. The .ini file says there's room for 40.
    [IMG]
    I hate levitate, illusions forced on me, being shrunk without permission, and useless buffs cluttering the buff slots. CLR Promise, CLR spell-haste, DRU aura, ENC aura, ENC clarity, BST HP, and RNG HP have to be updated for every level raise expansion.
  10. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

I have so many port and evac spells on my list, from back when I was porting for raids a lot. I guess I can take all of the ones from Classic through Luclin off, so I can free up space for future port locations.
  11. Aanuvane Augur

If we can't raise the cap, how about giving us a toggle on the Options General tab to control receiving unsolicited items on our cursor - half my blocked spells are MGB clicky things from frostfell items.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

You might want to put "grow" on the list before someone nails you with a Luclinite Horde Cube.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

I wish I could block poison and disease cure on my malo and tashed charm pet without having to have 20 different spells blocked.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Understandable, I think the Buff-blocking system would be a Hugely better thing if it could block the entire spell "line" rather than specific spells.

Would mean all spells would have to have a "spell line designation" I guess. but that would be very useful to do as it could also be used by any future "sidekick" system to scale up & down what spells a boosted player would use.

It may also be a way to reduce some of the processing overheads only needing to check spell-line designations rather than every spell in that line.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If they stopped adding illusions to buffs it would be a great help.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

Or just give players a toggle to accept/deny illusion and "form of" effects. It could be in two versions...self cast effects and effects cast by other players.
    Fanra likes this.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I like the ability to have buffs cast illusion. That said, most of the time they are annoying.

How about a toggle to block all illusions from landing on you except for ones you cast/click yourself? With exceptions for things like when you do the quests in Neriak Fourth Gate where it then gives you dark elf illusion whenever you zone in.
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Wow, exactly what I was thinking but you beat me in the cross post challenge :D.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  19. Tropi Elder

there are several spells you have on there that shouldn't happen often unless people are just trolling you find better friend and you have more slots to open =)
  20. Asnjas1 New Member

Talk about being fun at parties.

I imagined blocking spells because they mechanically detrimental. Blocking illusions, levitate or tiny spells sounds like partypooper material.

This game needs cast illusion stick in the mud. Cast illusion grumpy cat.