Fixed CotF HA's entering phrase not working

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Orienn, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Orienn TreeHugger

This happened to me on Scouting Ahead in DH I got the task and when I say the phrase to enter it says 'The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.' I had just ran Into the Hills before this but I tried to do Disrupting the Ritual and I got the same message....blocked.

I went to Bixie instead and I did the 2 from Crizlyna with no problem, and then went on to Snazlieu the Shadow and I got the same blocked message for 'Working Overtime'
  2. Knifen Augur

You are using Lead as the trigger word to zone in correct? Didnt see what you where saying to try and zone in.

If it still not working shoot me a tell Ill come grab the task for you.
    Orienn likes this.
  3. Orienn TreeHugger

Ya, I used all kinds of phrases had the EQresource thing up to make sure, but then I lost track of time and had to go raid. But I'll check it later on if you're on will look for you.
  4. Negdara New Member

Same issue when doing bixie warfrint HA's, get task and get message the way is blocked as if you do not have the instance,can eventually get by dropping task and regetting task, then hunter nameds are bugged and don't update for some members of the group who are in the instance yet does for others out of instance
    Bullwyf likes this.
  5. Braedayen New Member

I'm running into the same issue with Gribbles on Coirnav. I've had several guildies report that they also can't get any HAs to work.
    Bullwyf likes this.
  6. Braedayen New Member

Skulk the Madaxe has the same issue in Dead Hills. It just says, "The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here". It's just strange that it lets you request the HA but won't let you actually zone in.
    Bullwyf likes this.
  7. pheenom New Member

Not only are tasks bugged and tasks givers not letting us in tasks on tunare server , consent to drag corpses does not work since the new raid instances were loaded today !!!!!!!!! signed ANGRY
  8. Slasher Augur

its not a bug. Instance servers are lagging tonight because of T3 opening and all the guilds doing the raids.

Its taking 15-30m for some instances to come up.
  9. Orienn TreeHugger

We did 3 out of 4 of the ToL missions and the 4th one in BF kept saying it was blocked and then we each requested the task and by the 5th or 6th person it gave us the too early to zone in phrase and then it let us zone in.

So, I guess if you are experiencing these problems with the group missions just keep requesting them over multiple toons and hopefully that fixes it. It worked for us on that last mission.
  10. Nightmares Augur

Happening to a bunch of the HA in cotf on Rathe
  11. minimind The Village Idiot

Had this happen multiple times with ToL group missions on Sunday night. Couldn't even get into the Bloodfalls mission after multiple retries and just decided to go burn lesson.
  12. Moege Augur

Day later and this is still happening but yeah instance servers is lagged out.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

we had it in one of the ME missions last night.. dropped mission and re-got, worked fine.
  14. Slasher Augur

It started when t3 raids opened with so many guilds doing them. It doesn't happen during the day but around 5pm est it starts and doesnt end until after midnight.
  15. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Similar issue last night running Old Man Mackenzie raids, Lord Nagafen and Lady Vox. We ran the Nagafen instance with no issues. Finished it, dropped task. Immediately requested the Lady Vox task. When trying to enter the Vox instance by saying 'story' we just kept getting the response:

03/07/22 11:59:23 PM Everyone has been removed from your shared task, 'Ancient Heroes - Lord Nagafen'.
    03/08/22 12:01:09 AM You have been assigned the task 'Ancient Heroes - Lady Vox'.
    03/08/22 12:01:54 AM The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    03/08/22 12:02:02 AM The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    03/08/22 12:02:17 AM The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.

This "the way is blocked to you" message is typically the server's response when you try to enter an instance that you are not assigned. My guess is the Nagafen instance was "lingering" after it had been kicked, and it took a few extra minutes to recognize that we were actually in the Vox instance now.
  16. Slasher Augur

Nah the instance servers are overwhelmed and its taking forever for the zone to load.
  17. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

A decent guess as well, although that behavior happens often, and has a different message associated with it:

A strange magical presence prevents you from entering. It's too dangerous to enter at the moment.

That's the response when you try to enter an instance you are a part of, but the zone simply hasn't loaded yet. "The way is blocked to you" message means it does not even recognize you are part of the instance at all.
  18. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I was taking my alt mage though an HA in TBM the other day. I got the same message. I waited for about 5 minutes and got in.
  19. Bullwyf Journeyman

I have been running into this issue on the FV server as well. The only thing I have come up with is to drop the quest on all of the characters and then request it again and hope that it works. Sometimes takes 5-8 tries. Then, all the various lockout timers, re-request timers, expedition window timers, countdown timers, timers-for-the-timers (sarcasm), and all the other frigging timers make it even more frustrating!
    Elyssanda likes this.
  20. niente Developer

We've added some additional zone hardware. If you start seeing this problem again in the next few days, please let us know.
    Jumbur and Orienn like this.