Ogre Shaman Versus Iksar and Troll Shaman

Discussion in 'Priests' started by JustAnotherOpinion, Mar 10, 2022.

1. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Did I google this topic first? Yes.
    Did I read each topic and answer? Yes.

At which expansion does Iksar and Troll regeneration stop being noticeable? If the regeneration dips at any expansion, then I am choosing an Ogre Shaman for the first time ever. If the regeneration noticeably helps past GoD expansions, then I will stick with the most beautiful race in Norrath, the trolls. :D

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/Racial_Regeneration This link only shows what the regeneration rates are up to level 65. Does the Iksar/Troll and Ogre regeneration gap continue to widen all the way up to level 120?
  2. Szilent Augur

It stops being significant in Kunark with the advent of Torpor.
  3. code-zero Augur

Vah Shir have innate racial Safe Fall which is the only racial advantage that doesn't become irrelevant later as none of the other races have access to it at all
    Wulfhere likes this.
  4. Szilent Augur

immunity to melee stuns from the front never goes out of style
    Annastasya, Quatr and minimind like this.
  5. code-zero Augur

Actually it does, except for Beastlords who never get a stun immunity AA IIRC
  6. roth Augur

Vah Shir have another racial innate that is situationally useful but those situations can occur without regard to expansion : Sneak. Learn how to use it and it can get you past things in mixed crowds (both live and undead) when you only have access to one type of invis.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  7. gnomeboss Augur

sweet baby cazic, pick the troll. you’re going to be staring at the toon for however long, you might as well enjoy the aesthetic.

also, vah shir are godless heathens who poop in a box. no sneak button can make up for that. =p
  8. Szilent Augur

Shielding of Spirits AA caps out at 30%; worn Stun Resist modifier from heroic stamina caps at +45 but no one's passed 41 yet. Ogre shaman remain advantaged in casting through melee all the way to level 120.
    Wulfhere and Quatr like this.
  9. Triconix Augur

Ogres are fat and ugly. Frogs are cooler. Backflip casting never goes out of style, the true racial innate advantage. Style > function
  10. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Maybe a DE Mask and/or new ogre graphics will help. They are so, so, so ugly. :(
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Sacrilige!

Ogres are big & beautiful.

But I'd love to see new Player Character models.
    Quatr likes this.
  12. Herf Augur

Note about Ogre vs. stun. While Ogre SHM can't be stunned from the front, their spells CAN be interrupted. But it doesn't seem to happen very often compared to other races.
  13. Goratoar Elder

The biggest thing at endgame that you will benefit is Ogre stun/interrupt immunity. The actual calculations on the interruption issue is based on your level vs the mob, it's complicated but suffice to say it does still make a noticeable difference in many situations. Beyond that, Frogloks, Iksar and Vah Shir are at a not insignificant dps disadvantage due to lack of slam to take advantage of rogue and ranger synergy.
  14. Szilent Augur

Vah Shir don't have Slam? they're Large, based on the barbarian model, with increased food consumption like trl/ogr…
  15. Krasis New Member

IMO best benefit is troll innoruuk shaman who can use the regent symbol for a free clicky snare.
    Herf likes this.
  16. a_librarian Augur

I didn't value stun immunity very highly until playing past PoP. The frequency of bash stuns becomes insane and it's very very annoying as a shaman, especially if you aren't playing with a SK that will can just snap aggro everything off you. If you aren't fully set on a race for aesthetic reasons then go ogre 100%.
  17. Zanarnar Augur

we do not. I believe the increased food consumption is for.. other reasons :)