Level 100 heroic characters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Meth, Jan 20, 2022.

1. xcitng Augur

i didn't say just playing alone, i just said the most important thing is learning your class ... lvl 100 plus should be able to find some groups, the game is old and it takes a lot now to catch up ... a lot depends on what the player wants, is it just enjoy the game and enjoy going thru it, or is it a just get to 120 as fast as i can, or somewhere in between the two

this thread was about lvl 100 heroic characters, right?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Bernel Augur

Are there really total noobs who jump into EQ by buying a heroic character? It seems odd that someone would drop $35 to create a character in a 23-year-old game they know nothing about. Even if there are such people, I can't imagine that there's anything but a trivial amount of them. But I could see someone who played in the past coming back and buying a heroic in a class they never played before. They'd be a noob to that class but not necessarily to EQ.
  3. Leroc New Member

I want it. If it upgrades the lvl 85 to 100 then great if only works on mew characters then fine. I enjoy dying horribly multiboxing and have heroic upgraded 22 toons. Its fun for me and i also sell krono to put stacks of plat on alts i rarely use. Soon ill get into raiding again and tell jokes and be helpful. Play any class people need because i spend countless hours reading, sorting macros, testing, reading more all the combat abilties, spells, AA, and fair amount of clickies
  4. Leroc New Member

That is a fantastic idea! I quit in omens of war to go to e2 and coming back to live a few years ago was intense. Not being sure what a good course of action was a roadblock. Talked to players and that helped, but i just learned overseers is a thing last week... having expansion logo on each zone map would be cool way to help ease the info overload
    Coagagin likes this.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

As long as the shroud is strictly that player's full on class at whatever level they shroud down to. The Kits below 75 would just be the defiant gear that the class would get, and the Kits above 75 would get the T1 Group Gear that they would have. Then you have the highest level that they can shroud to be 20 levels beneath their current cap range. So if you are 116-120 it would be 100, 111-115 it would be 95, etc.; that should address the few missions/shared tasks which still have a 15 level range gap rather than 30.

Level 1-100 is just a matter of PL'ing, there are some quests, tasks, and missions that give good XP as well, especially once you get to 75. 100-110, doing progression gets to a lot of XP and grinding is still viable to get it done fast. 110-115 it is just a matter of actually doing the ToV progression, which gets you to 114 by itself; and you can do CoV progression to get you over the top of that. Now 115-120, that is current and not as much a gimme as 115 was via progression.
    Mostly agree, but I would slightly suggest that knowing your class would include knowing how much you should be doing, which even without running a parse, can be deduced. If they are a dps class and not out dps'ing a merc, they don't know their class. DPS meters and other similar add-ons are not going to help these people.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Yes, there are total noobs to EQ who buy HCs. These are people who have played other MMORPGs and think that they know enough to fake it & skip it all from the start. They also look down on you for even suggesting that they make a level 1 toon to just run through the Tutorial to get the basics laid out.
    Overseer has only been a thing for the last 2 1/2 years give or take. It had a shaky start, and it was only after it got its feet under it that people started using it for XP.
  7. Keenween Elder

This is a player made thing NOT a service from Daybreak!
    Pay to win is if you buy from the publisher a Boni, Item, service, etc....

Price krono FV around 6Million, AB (my Server) around 3Million, the player,s make the price or a PL service for krono or whatever (on AB most TA are free BTW)

About the hero thing... if you give people the pinkie , they want the full hand :rolleyes: (todays mentality:confused:)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and CatsPaws like this.
  8. Captain Video Augur

To me this whole thread is nonsensical. I rolled 28 free 85 Heroics on Miragul, played a half dozen of them there, and now the whole set is on Vox. With that plus Overseer, I'm good for a loooong time. I'm somewhat dumbfounded that more people didn't do this. It feels like the argument between 100 and 110 is being waged by two camps who would never buy either of them, because they have no need.

A lot of the things I see the 110 advocates asking for would take a significant amount of development time to implement. I'm expecting the new heroics to be set up in a naked toon + vendor + currency approach, which I suspect is much simpler for devs (fewer permutations) at 100 vs. 110. The dev time available is the limiting factor, which is why we haven't seen new heroics before, despite many threads requesting it. But I have no horse in the race, so by all means keep fighting it out amongst yourselves and see where it gets you. :)
  9. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I have asked a variant of the OP's question many times now, most recently here ...

[IMG]

and have never gotten an answer yet.
  10. Tappin Augur

So are you arguing people shouldn't actually play the game? I don't sub to this game to play a subpar cell phone game.
    Stymie likes this.
  11. demi Augur

ok I didnt read this whole post so if it was asked pls just direct me towards which page it was answered ty.

so the Friends & Family Pack : Tradeable heroic toon is a lvl 85 heroic atm .. well after sept: and once the F&F goes on sale will the heroic be lvl 100 or still lvl 85 to trade ?

and to clarify .. if i purchase the F&F after the new heroics go live will the tradeable one in the F&F be updated to the new current Heroics or remain the same lvl 85 ones
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because you have 28 heroic toons it doesn't matter if the they raise the cap to 100 or 110? Why would you expect the new heroics to be setup any way besides how the level 85 are? They are going to be setup with a full set of gear and augs as well as items in their bags/banks that they will need. They will also start with a pre defined UI that includes a bunch of starting hotkeys. There is no reason to expect anything different and that is the reason why they take so much work.
  13. Captain Video Augur

No, I'm saying that I DON"T CARE if it's 100 or 110, I'm not buying any, and I strongly suspect very few players will buy them either way. They have continued to sell some at 85, in spite of the big level gap, because there are still occasional returning players who want to start at 85 and play the game from there, learning the intricacies of how their favorite classes work in the modern game as they go along. If the company thinks they will sell more at 100 than 110, for that same reason, then that's what they'll do, no matter what the level 110 crowd argues.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That isn't what I got from your post.
  15. FranktheBank Augur

So your entire post is meaningless and unhelpful, got it.
    Timmyboi and Stymie like this.
  16. Burdi Augur

Heroics characters can be useful to skip the content you dont want to play.
    I would be in favor of adding several token of various level say 50, 60, 65, 70, 75 , 80, up to 100 in the store.
    I would suggest also to make them available in TLP once the current maximum level is high enough.
    Token of level 50 available with pop as an example.

That would be nice too to provide a reason for old content to be played again by adding incentives or rewards that are not outdated.
    There is a lot of outstanding older content that lost its interest on live because the item rewards are outdated compared to defiant or similar items.
    Skrab likes this.
  17. Zunnoab Augur

There is no way they have the developer resources for that.
    Stymie likes this.
  18. Burdi Augur

Thanks for the output.
    But this is rather dismissive, are you working for DP?
    If not i am afraid you are not entitled to comment on their schedule, workload,..
  19. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I think you could focus that down to 50, 60 and 70 with 50 being the highest priority to release for TLPs. Those would sell really well, and undercut a lot of RMT activity.
  20. Zunnoab Augur

It's been stated (and it's obvious) setting up heroic upgrades is a massive time commitment. I don't need to work for them to point out it's completely unrealistic to implement a ton more for a bunch of level ranges.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.