Windows 11. How does one unstack the eq icons ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Whulfgar Augur

As the question asks, how does one unstack the eq instances when you have multiple eq instances up? I've tried every thing and still can't get them unstacked.
  2. Moege Augur

3. Illisaur New Member

That is awesome. I hate having my boxes grouped. If one of them crashes (My ISP blocks some ports, so I have a random list of zones that crash me if I'm not using a VPN), I have to camp every box past that one so they are in the right order for me.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. Kalamos Augur

@ Elyssanda Those are Windows 10 settings. Most of that was removed in Windows 11.
  6. Jennre Band Leader

Create separate shortcuts with the patchme command. This will launch each toon in its own instance.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Easy way... make a file, fixeq.reg - with this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\eqgame.exe]
    "IsHostApp"=""

Double click it, it'll ask you if you want to import it into the registry. Say yes. Once you do that, they won't be stacked anymore.
    Mukkul, Jennre, Nennius and 1 other person like this.
  8. Phati Elder

You absolute legend. Thank you!
  9. The real Sandaormo Augur

Windows 11 yes or no? Keeps wanting me to upgrade but I have not pulled the trigger yet.
  10. Khat_Nip Meow

If you're going to run Windows for the sake of running Windows then 11 is just fine over previous versions, especially 8.x and Vista, but since you're being prompted you obviously have something newer than that hot garbage.
  11. Slasher Augur

google startbackall and 7+ taskbar tweaker. 7+ wont work with just windows 11 but if you use startbackall or a few other apps to change the taskbar back to window 10 or later it will work with them. I use startbackall on windows 11 with 7+ and its awesome.

I would recommend windows 11 for the android apps alone :) You can only use amazon store ones BUT you can install non amazon store apps also if you google how.