Old spell icons fubar

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Derd, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Derd Augur

If anyone has a idea how to regain the use of the old spell buff icons and spell bar icons with this new patch please let those of us that believe the new spell icons are quite possible the worst art in the world replace them again. Thanks in advance if anyone can help out.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You need
    gemicons01.tga
    gemicons02.tga
    gemicons03.tga
    spells01.tga
    spells02.tga
    spells03.tga
    spells04.tga
    spells05.tga
    spells06.tga
    spells07.tga

If you used them before they will be in your old UI folder, just copy them to the new one.
  3. Derd Augur

Yes, I've been doing that. Now it seems to be over riding them. I'll try again tommorow, but to confirm, are you or anyone else able to use them since wed patch?
  4. Wuvarien Lorekeeper

I'm still using them, but the graphics on them aren't as clean as it once was
  5. Midasa Elder

I use them in my UI and they are fine.
    As Yinla said above, those .tga files are the ones you need.
    EQ does also have (or at one time had) a folder in the uifiles folder named classic_spell_icons, which contain only these files. So if you were to want the default UI but with old icons, you could set your UI to classic_spell_icons and get this.
    You need to make sure that you have entries like this in your EQUI_Animations.xml file.

<TextureInfo item = "gemicons01.tga">
    <Size>
    <CX>256</CX>
    <CY>256</CY>
    </Size>
    </TextureInfo>
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

EQ Interface has several UIs with that option.

My own UI has them but it also has other stuff. You can remove some of the other stuff in my UI if you want to just keep the old icons, although it also removes the filigree around the windows.
  7. Derd Augur

Thanks all, I appreciate all responses. I think it was purely something I wasn't doing correctly. Will try again when not juggling baby that wouldn't sleep and computer.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Mine is still showing the old icons (I never want to lose my heart buffs), the other half just changed the windows so mu UI worked.

Do you have the new icons also in your UI folder which could be overwriting them?

Maybe you've copies someones complete UI that may have been using the new icons.
  9. Derd Augur

Just to update incase anyone else has this happen, deleted all ui files repatched and all is well in icon town. Thanks again all.
    Yinla and Fanra like this.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Becuse no one mentioned this,
    If you have UI issues... look for a file called " UIErrors " this helps tell you what is going on.
    IF you use a custom UI you will see Warnings in your UIErrors like this; " [Fri Mar 11 10:59:01 2022] Warning: file EQUI_LootWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\My_CustomUI_Folder\. Attempting to use file from Default skin."
    this means the custom UI folder named " My_CustomUI_Folder " doesn't have a required UI piece and it is loading from Default. That is acceptable and normal. I see a lot of those, That is normal.