RoI T3 win.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bahdah, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

I'm glad I watched the video. We didn't perform as well as RoI and now I know why. We have a Giant Steam Suit. ROI has a Giant Ape. It's brilliant really.
  2. Marike Elder

JUST GRAB A TUFT OF FUR AND GO ALONG FOR THE RIDE~
    scaethach, RPoo and Astral64 like this.
  3. Bahdah Augur

bbanz likes this.
  4. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Congrats all t3 completionists!
  5. Sup Rog Elder

Seriously, getting that many people together, who can spend a Wed afternoon raiding? That's the real accomplishment.
  6. Tolzol Augur

Wed afternoon? Lol
    Allayna and Sancus like this.
  7. Metanis Bad Company

It wasn't intended to be disrespectful. Something lost in the translation?
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

also-rans aka losers in a race (a loser in a race or other contest, especially by a large margin) isn't meant to be disrespectful?
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

What I like about this is you can study how to get your guild's raids better.
    Great win! And I believe RoI was the first?
  10. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

Do you really get this upset every time you don't finish first at something? God I can't imagine playing a game like Starcraft or Mortal Combat with you.
  11. Metanis Bad Company

I'm old as dirt. To me the phrase "also rans" just meant the pack of racers that didn't win their race. The negative connotations you impute are more recent I think and not intended by me. I was impressed by every guild that won on the first day. Hell, I was impressed by our own win some 3 days later!

Check other dictionaries like Also-ran Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
    Elyssanda, Astral64 and Bahdah like this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I was pointing out why some may be upset by the terminology used which can be perceived as calling everyone not in RoI losers.

And others see the word differently and are questioning the need to reference what place they finished on launch day.
  13. FranktheBank Augur

It was Saturday. Even if it was Wednesday, how difficult is it to request 3 days off a year for tier launches lol
  14. ArtremasEQ Augur

Incorrect !.

We (SoD) cleared T3 first go on each event, no reset issues etc.
    Robnie likes this.
  15. Sup Rog Elder

I can't imagine wasting a vacation day to raid lol. I work from home and don't even have time for a group.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If it is something you enjoy doing there is no waste in taking a vacation day to play EQ.
  17. Sup Rog Elder

For an adult, taking a day off work to play a game? Something my kid would try to do and I would look at him, like he lost his mind. If that's your thing enjoy I don't care, just can't imagine doing that.
  18. Jennre Band Leader

There is no shame in it, and it is nobody's business as to why I am taking a day off.
    Fenthen, zleski, Cicelee and 6 others like this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because you don't want to do it doesn't mean that it isn't a valid reason to take a day off. Plenty of people I work with end up spending days off just to use them up before the end of the year. It can be nice to have reasons to take a day off now and again throughout the year.
  20. Fintank Augur

You mean you guys don't work a full shift and race home for Tier Launches? IT SMELLS WEAK IN HERE!