Raid Coin Rewards

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by JacLuc, Mar 4, 2022.

1. JacLuc Lorekeeper

Please review your raid coin reward policy. 10 coins a raid is not enough. Raiding 2x a week for 8 weeks clearing almost all raids available every week, and still just over halfway to being able to spend them. Having to wait 4 months to get enough coins to buy 1 piece of gear is too much.
  2. Derd Augur

Not a bug.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Terrible design, but sadly not a bug:(
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The gear you gain from raid coins is considered a bonus and not expected to the the primary way to gain your gear.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Reasonable if the gear everyone needed drops, range can be a cruel friend.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

There’s a perk for that.
  7. Warpeace Augur

+1

So much closer to that first purchased item after 2 months raiding.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Which is why they added it to get those drops that you and your guild are not seeing but that doesn't mean that it should be expected to be quick especially when all the raids have yet to be unlocked.

41-44 events for everyone (assuming the same group each raid) to get an extra item on top of the items that drop from each event isn't bad. Once the rest of the raids open this week it will start to speed up and it will speed up even more as the currency dropped increases.
    Skuz, Yinla and Duder like this.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Yet we double and then triple the coin and chest loot as the year goes on. There is no great reason to not max the coin and chest at the beginning of the expansion.
    Skuz, minimind, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  10. Windance Augur

I have to admit I'm not a fan of the progressive 10, 20, 30, 40 coin system. Makes doing raids early in the year worth less than those later. I suppose it could be viewed as a 'catchup' mechanic.
    Duder likes this.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Anyway way you slice it, the current raid coin situation is 1000% better than TSS raids in the day that never dropped weapons of any kind in either Ashengate or Frostcrypt. Imagine never being able to get a weapon upgrade, your most important upgrade as any melee class for an expansion. It used to happen.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think we need to be honest about coin gain this expansion so far. As of today if you raided every raid once a week you could have a total of 15 clears of all events (9 T1, 5 T2 and 1 T3) which would leave you with 450 coins (495 with perks). 450 is enough to buy anything but an ore and you would only need 2 more weeks to get that. Once you factor raiding closer to lockouts it is possible to have enough for an ore at this point.

Once you factor in that raids have been open for 2 months and more have opened up along the way it isn't bad and it isn't close to 4 months to get a single item.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Duder Augur

I prefer it!
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Windance Augur

I agree that it is way better than TSS.

I like the TS ore system. Being able to get everyone their best in slot raid item is fantastic.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The Coin system was one of the better decisions the Dev team made, it helps players fill the "holes" in their gear that can happen for a bunch of different reasons, RNG on drops, amount of other players who also use the same weapon you want etc.

The change to make the coins multiply through the the year, does mean the earlier raids are somewhat less "rewarding" than later ones, but it also encourages players to raid for the whole year & later on even facilitiates some bolstering of your casual members, and guild alts that you may only ocassionaly play or box to help your raid team out (while mains focus on ores that frees up normal loots for others within your organisation).

Most importantly it rewards consistent attendance of your strongest players.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Dumb complaint. The way it is now you can't buy a ore for 3 months or more than 2 pieces of gear, then after that it quickly ramps up and at the end of the expansion you're swimming in gear and currency. It is exactly how they want it to be.
    Skuz and menown like this.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Coin System + Drop System + Ore System to gain loot from raiding. That's a lot of loot.

This thread is proof that some people will complain about ANYTHING.
    Skuz and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It wasn't that long ago that we had threads complaining that there was to much loot in raid chests and it took to long to deal with.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Orienn TreeHugger