One Character Only

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by KRYGZ, Feb 27, 2022.

1. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

Looking for a long term class that can farm enough items/plat to make 1-3 kronos a month. What class would you pick if you could only choose one on Mischief and why?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

3. Febb Augur

Math Class
    Thewiz and Skuz like this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

GoneFission and Pops Racer like this.
  5. Jakuk Lorekeeper

I would say Shaman or Necromancer and then maybe SK after OoW, those 3 classes can farm tradeskill mats, very well and can also solo named going forward for augs/items that sell right now as a necromancer if you are fire flagged, you can make roughly 3 krono a week with about 40-50 hours played.

Bobbybick said Trader which in all honestly he is right but you need to have enough plat/krono to startup trading and have a good understanding of the market otherwise you will lose a lot of money. so outside of that, I'd choose from Necro, Shaman, Shadowknight.
    Raptorjesus5 and Catalina like this.
  6. Captain Video Augur

If you had asked which one toon you could play long-term and only have to spend 1-3 Kr/month, that would have made a lot more sense. :)
  7. Jakuk Lorekeeper

Don't mind the trolls here KRYGZ, too many people would rather post BS because they have nothing better to do, rather than to answer your question. Too many RMTers come here and post crap because they honestly don't want anyone to have their knowledge on how to make money in EQ because it directly creates more competition which they don't want.
    Aussieguy and Magician9001 like this.
  8. Magician9001 Augur

Shaman, Mage, Necro, SK, Ranger, Beast, Druid.

All have things they can easily do solo to make more then that. The first 3 will be much better in classic-kunark.
  9. Jakuk Lorekeeper

Beastlord is really only good 1-40 from Luclin till Underfoot in my opinion so great for low lvl tradeskill farms, once Underfoot comes Beastlords become insanely OP
  10. Spazin Journeyman

A mage later paired with a cleric merc will be able to go back and farm augs / gear / chase items for many expacs. SK's, Shaman, Monk, all viable classes. But a Mage starts sooner, SK & Monk are more gear dependent. Shaman can do some now, but I don't think its as efficient (On the other hand Shmy can substitute items with Alchemy).

As someone who can, does and likes 6 boxing; if I were to just play 1 character and my intent was to be able to farm and make money on my own time; I'd go with a Mage. Did it on FV a few years back and was able to rake in 1-2 krono a month just selling old augs i'd camp.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  11. sadre Augur

onepingonly.gif

submarine commander. best single class.

(necro)
  12. Arclyte Augur

And here I am playing a class I'm going to actually enjoy
  13. TheTone Elder

It's a bit tricky making kronos post-PoP since the populations are down and people are generally committed to their chars.

For my money, the only real ways to bank kronos at this point in Mischief is to snag and sell some raid loot or stock trading in the bazaar.

There's very few options honestly since free-trade/random makes much of the group gear super cheap, and kronos are so high that farming plat isn't really an option.

Personally, I would wait for the new server and just make my kronos there. Make a druid, absolutely power yourself up to L50 as early as possible, make plat porting and powerleveling for about 3-4 weeks until everyone catches up. It only costs you like 2 nights sleep and probably years off your life...but, like, 20 kronos are surely worth it.
  14. jeskola pheerie

even basement rent is rising
  15. Arclyte Augur

the cost of pizza rolls are at an all time high
  16. Pops Racer Olde Faht

Skuz likes this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

3 krono a week and 40-50 hours of play a week? Sounds like a poor return on investment and you could fund your EQ play more quickly with a part time job.
    code-zero and Triconix like this.
  18. Triconix Augur

I was more curious what normal person has enough free time to devote 7 hours a day to playing a video game. Last time I had that kind of free time was right after graduating and before I started my job which lasted all of about a month and I still didn't spend 7 hours a day playing EQ.
  19. ForumBoss Augur

You didnt mention whether you're raiding. Selling raid gear is the best option, so it really depends on the loot rules of your guild. Tank and monk gear is the most valuable. If you're going to solo old raid and group content, a number of solo classes work, I'd go with a non tank so it's easier to gear , such as mag nec or bst.
  20. Mrjon3s Augur

1.Pick Class
    2.Raid
    3.????
    4. Profit
    ForumBoss likes this.