Game still run at ?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Peter_The_great, Feb 26, 2022.

1. Peter_The_great Elder

Yes.

My PC 5600x+rx5700 + 32GB RAM, NVME.

PoK lags, all older zones lags, 10-15FPS

Kinda useless update so far to be honest?

DX9 from 2009 july or what it was, also the latest dx12.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Clean your computer up. That's plenty to run it.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Windance Augur

Run the setup and make sure your video card is correctly identified.

Check your in game frame limiter.
    Alt O -> display -> advanced options.

While in the game options turn off things like shadows and flora.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Metanis like this.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

You probably have a virus.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I just built a budget PC for someone with an AMD Ryzen 3200G, 8GB DDR4 3200, 256GB M.2 NVME.

It runs a single EQ session at 1080P with all options at 90fps. Something's wrong with your rig.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Metanis like this.
  6. Peter_The_great Elder

Yes it run on the 5700, AMD 5600X does not have iGPU.

No viruses, yes.. really no viruses.

I can run Forza 5 1440P highest setting 75FPS (Lock on monitor hz)

I run the new Elden Ring flawless..

And my rigg has a problem.. not the coding in EQ?

I run Everquest in 1440P no shadows and 50 on the view distance.. still game stutter when move around fast while holding right mouse button.

What do you mean by ''clean'' like run a virus scan? Like I said, free from virus I use Malwarebyte as shield, and if you say ''clean the register'' I take it your a newb on PC and you have 0 clue.

Also I run 6 EQ's at once, it should not be the case.

Several people has complained about the games bad code, and the 64-bit did nothing..
  7. Peter_The_great Elder

There are many people who has problem with the game stutters.

Lag spike on EQ Live : everquest (reddit.com)

Just Google and a wall of problems appears.

Also, why do you protect the devs? Just because it runs ''great'' on your rig does not mean it runs great on every one else? Because your full does not mean hunger is fixed in the world..

Its not a news that Everquest is pure crap when it comes to the coding, after all ... its based on a old code from 1999..

So why do you protect the devs like you get paid for it? They give 0 F about you guys.. show some spine and speak up and say, GAME RUNS AS CRAP FIX IT!

Its 2022, it should be able to hold on to the framerate 60-244FPS or whatever you want.. game looks like and shall not stutter like that.
  8. Peter_The_great Elder

Either way, I actually stopped to play EQ last night due to the bad code and money hoes EQ is. Ciao all! Don't simp to much!
  9. Metanis Bad Company

My mind is screaming at me to be a smartazz and blame it on the anti-Paladin code.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

There is something set up wrong in your computer, yes.

Also, moving the using mouse look really fast in areas with a ton of models, in certain locations like PoK, can easily perform something that will look like stuttering but is not, as you are causing models to enter and exit the frame before the game has a chance to load them.

There are more people who use worse, the same, or better hardware than you have and play EQ without a problem. Many even play multiple instances at the same time with no issue, some who regularly play with more than you do. Something specific to how you have stuff set up is causing the issues.

Also, trying to use newer games as a benchmark for what your system does or does not have problems with is useless. Those games are radically different from EQ and use generic engines that use current versions of DirectX or OpenGL.

You use Malwarebytes, so you have a Malwarebytes subscription? Or do you just have Free Malwarebytes on your system? If you have Free, are you regularly having it run a scan? Further keeping your registry clean is just common sense. There are innumerable problems that regularly crop up due to left over registry entries.

Yes, several people have complained about the coding of EQ, but those same people do not complain about having the issues you are. They complain about things not looking and running better and taking advantage of newer tech.

Lastly, the only thing that was done when they changed to 64-bit was the change to 64-bit. They didn't expand any of the capabilities yes, so that they can fix any issues that were due to those changes without having to confuse them with other changes. In future updates, they will be expanding various limitations that were programmed in with 32-bit in mind.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

At running a major risk of simping, I'm going to opt to assist you. Hopefully I don't taint you with my simp efforts....

You never made mention of what resolution you're running at. My guess is you're running at 1440P or higher.

I 6-box at 4k resolution. Running 6 instances of EQ at 4k brings my GPU to its knees....I had to limit framerates to 50fps on my boxes to make some headroom on the GPU. It currently runs at 98% usage. 95% of that is EQ.

What GPU do I have? RTX 3090.

So I may have been hasty - if you are running 6 EQ instances at 1440P, my guess is you're pushing the RX5700. Here's some troubleshooting steps in you want to retain the higher resolution... Does EQ run fine with one toon loaded? Two? Three? Find the breaking point. Then tune your max framerates until all instances are happy and you have some GPU headroom in Task Manager.

If you're open to lowering the resolution to 1080P, I bet you'll find EQ runs a whole lot better. The RX5700 isn't the fastest ship in the sea but at 1080P it'll still perform well.

If you're gone for good, ciao back at ya.
    Skuz and Nennius like this.
  12. Windance Augur

I have a 1070 and a single instance of EQ can easily hit 100+ FPS in most zones. That will dip when running through a heavily populated zone like the guild lobby where everyone just parks in front of the doors....

If you are not getting that kind of performance running a single character there is a problem with your setup. Its possible you've done something like setup the in game frame limiter to 10-15 fps.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Windance Augur

This might be the issue.

Try running 6x instances of Elden Ring ? :rolleyes:

All joking aside ...

what is your CPU / GPU utilization with a single client?
    what is your CPU / GPU utilization with two clients?
    what is your CPU / GPU utilization with six clients?
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Cool, you have now solved all of your EQ problems! Well done.
  15. Shanarias Augur

That is exactly what you should be doing, sir. Find something you actually LIKE to play, and play it.
  16. Sarkaukar Augur

System Power Options - set to High Performance - EQ is not as CPU/GPU hungry as most other games, thus Windows will throttle CPU/GPU down and core park to "save" power. Windows Default Power Options is either Balanced or Power Saver mode.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I normally agree with you on technical advice. In this case I have to disagree. EQ is not as CPU hungry, totally agree. GPU depends on resolution. As OP stated he is running six instances. If he is running higher resolution on those six, it will tax any GPU.