No really, you did change something recently that reduced dz exp

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Twofist, Feb 25, 2022.

1. Twofist New Member

I think the team has been a bit too quick and needs to look empirically at the exp gain before 64bit launch and after 64bit launch in dzs. Specifically try mischief Tower of SolRo.

Before the 64bit launch it was 2-3aas per player in a 9man raid. Now it's 20% of an AA.

So point 1 - something you deployed definitely changed the exp for this zone

Point 2 - maybe the current behavior is intended, but kick that back to the product team, because this change is really disappointing. It reduces the fun of the game. If you told me that you did this on purpose because someone was exploiting to unfairly gain XP, I'd have a different perspective, but since it was purely accidental, it's time to flip it back.
  2. Warpeace Augur

This goes back to them not wanting you to have your own personal XP zone.
    minimind likes this.
  3. Zanarnar Augur

Well someone better tell them about LDON then /rolleyes/
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You mean content that was designed from the start to be like that? The AoC zones are not designed to be private zones for xping.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

And yet you can pop regular raid DZs (which is all an AoC is) for just about EVERY SINGLE RAID FROM GATES ONWARD, other than the "only the raid mob in zone" ones, and experience in them if you want.

That entire line of argument is illogical.
  6. Febb Augur

They'll probably go back and nerf the experience in those instances as well.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

At least it would be consistent.

Of course, its funny, since they purposefully increased exp gains in raid DZs years ago after complaints about how low the exp in raids were.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The ability to get an instance doesn't mean it is intended to be an xp source for groups.
    minimind and Fenthen like this.
  9. Derd Augur

Go to any zone kill and you'll get more xp per kill than in any raid instance. You want autonomy and a zone to yourself thats fine just know your lowering you xp and enjoy yourself.
    minimind likes this.
  10. theonepercent Augur

All stuff like this does is push more people into cheating. Why spend an hour clearing to a boss with a small group to get 5% of an AA when you could just warp there?
  11. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

You could get suspended?

If the journey is not a fun experience for you, they made a server where you do not have to kill, you could just buy the shiny you want. That's pretty efficient yet still has some element of a game. I mean you gotta play the market.
    minimind likes this.