T3 ToL Raids make them hard

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Zarkdon Augur

This game is already miserable and grindy enough. No back flagging, no stupid progression, no dumb key quests.
    Sup Rog likes this.
  2. Marton Augur

AHR raid is sorta moving in this direction ;).
    Svann2 likes this.
  3. Viper1 Augur

Unfortunately, just because of how broken EQ is, there is usually an inverse relationship between fun and difficulty. Difficult raids usually involve lots of frustration dealing with bugs, lag, bad pathing, RNG and other game factors that just make the experience miserable for all but the most hardcore sadists. Most guilds probably have a core of players that simply log off (or don't log in to begin with) when the hard-and-not-fun raid targets are called. That should be a sign to the designers that their content is missing the mark. I'm not even sure, at this point, if they are capable of producing content that is both fun, compelling and challenging at the same time.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Piper the Viper New Member

I don't think anyone wants continuously hard raids each week. They want a challenge the first time or few then its farm mode. Like a few said that is what seeing raids on normal servers first time is all about.

I personally hate memorizing every raid on beta the past few years when it means nothing. Just makes me bored on beta and then bored on normal servers because nothings new. I know I'd like it a lot more if I knew 2 raids on beta and had 5 new ones to look forward to on live.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Wait...so you're complaining that the boredom stems from the raids you learned playing the [optional] Beta? What? If you want to be surprised and un-bored, don't participate in Beta.

Easy.
    Jumbur likes this.
  6. Piper the Viper New Member

Is that even an option? Is there a top 30 guild that doesn't beta for the information now that its all open?
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Our guild doesn't participate in beta at all. We form our own strats throughout the year. But we are kinda casual, our goal is to just beat the raids before the next expansion is released.

We don't care about the "race" and I have no clue if we are in "top 30".
    We do have 4 ToL raids on farm though.

Im sure there are other casual raiding guilds too.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Of course it's an option. You don't have to be in a guild that Beta raids the same way you don't have to be in a guild that waits for the raids to be released. I've played both ways and I can tell you, regardless which bucket you fall into - beta or non-beta - fun is 100% about mindset. Find ways to make something fun, and it will feel fun. But if you're constantly mired in the, 'This is boring. This is drab. This is old.' mindset, feeling any sense of fun will be constantly out of reach for you.
  9. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Nah, it’s not possible because all the guilds are cross-contaminated with members that raid in multiple guilds.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure you will find any of the guilds that care about the race who don't participate in the beta and spending time learning the events.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I was addressing the 'woe is me EQ is so boring' sentiment of their post. I guess you missed that. :confused:
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

My apologies, I missed who was complaining about the beta side of raids.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  13. CrazyLarth Augur

I don't mind hard raids for T3 if the achs are for silly stuff but my guild wants that /arc aug for this expansion so please don't go by the .00001% and go over board on making the T3 raids to hard.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

They arent going to tinker with the raid difficulty at this late stage. Should have said something last November.
  15. kookoo Augur

Last T3 raid could be very hard , so the top guilds could try to finish it on 1st spot race , then could be tuned down , lets say, in june or something , for * weaker * guilds.
  16. Maedhros High King

This is one of the most pathetic statements I've ever read on these forums.
    If thats the kind of core you're used to its time to find a new guild.
  17. Windance Augur

I hope they scale back the use of the single person failing an emote = raid loss.

Having one person go LD at the wrong time shouldn't fail the raid for the other 40-50 people.
    Sprooce likes this.
  18. FranktheBank Augur

Man, it was hilarious last FTG raid when someone DC'd and got shadow shackles and everyone just scattered lmao.
  19. Fenthen aka Rath

We had that on Friday with one of my guilds on the Aten raid -- zerk DC'd and then immediately got the silence emote, half the raid suicided into purple golems to get away, lol.