Ideas for next expansion benefits.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gr8fuldave, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Celephane Augur

You do realize that people in your own guild have done this numerous times, even with just 1 group, because they can right?
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

LMAO yea lets go back to the old baz and try to put 650+ traders in there. ill pass!
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Old bazaar had an arena, making it objectively superior
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Oh sure. The point is for the average player it was designed for 2 groups. And if they put in 2 group content again there will always be some strong groups that can do it with 1 group. Doesnt change the point - 2 group content was unpopular.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Coagagin Guild house cat

Good idea for an anniversary reward as well.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yes i remember the arena and it was never used waste of space!
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Paladin Augur

8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I remember the Arena. I battled a Cleric there who could not be killed. I gave up after 10 minutes. I'm a quitter. :(
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I remember coming back after a few years break, and fighting a necromancer's pet (I'm a paladin) in the bazaar arena. I lost. The necro gave me some pity platinum to buy better gear. At least I didn't quit.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

Bring out your pitchforks as tanks vs pets gets discussed.

Edit: My mistake. I forgot the torches. Torches are ADPS for the pitchforks. We need those.
    Lubianx and Nennius like this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea back in the day was useless to fight a enchanter lol not a pretty picture.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I know it can support it because they announced that it could way back in HoT, shortly after they introduced the larger bags they also changed the bazaar to support up to 200 items per trader, but they never implemented larger trader bags. It can be found in the game update notes.

It has always been a design decision to not increase the amount of items available for players to sell in the bazaar. They only reason there is a way to go from 100 to 120 currently is due to the new perk. They needed something for the perk and used something that they could already do easily. 64-bit never had anything to do with it.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

Nice thread necro. Welcome to perks.
  14. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Troll alert. There is always someone who likes to explain why an idea is bad and wont happen because they lack the creativity and open-mindedness to understand how it could work. Not to mention how rude it is. This is not a "Why your idea wont work" thread. Its still an Idea.
  15. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Oh, I agree it was a PITA! I'm not talking about a 2 group raid here. I mean to suggest the actual group is expanded to 7 or 8 characters.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That would destroy the balance in 28 expansions plus the original game and just encourage the boxers to box more toons or just pop mercs. With pretty much every group mission capped at 6 players and raids capped at 54 players it will also cause confusion as to why a full group can't do a mission. Sounds like a lot of problems for no gain.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Because each new expansion raid gear set and new level cap does not already "destroy the balance" of all previous expansions? Anyway, I'm not going to waste anymore time defending an idea LOL.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

New gear and levels doesn't destroy the balance of previous expansions as those are never factored into it. The game always has and always will have factor in future expansions increasing the power of players. However changing the number of players in a group from 6 to 7/8 when group content is designed around 6 players or raids designed around 9 groups of 6 players does.

There is a difference between increasing player power and increasing the number of players in a group/raid event.
  19. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

All future raid sizes should be minimum 72 cap, not tuned for 72 but accommodate a roster size of 72.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur