Not A Bug Experience in instances (DZs) seems incorrect.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Souliwarr, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Souliwarr Apprentice

Hello,

I regularly hunted inside of instances (DZs) spawned from Agents of Change (AOC) up until the patch today. While I'm aware of the changes to the replay timers (30 minutes instead of 0), there was nothing in the patch notes about a reduction in experience.

Upon testing in Karnor's Castle and Nagafen's Lair (Sol B), I could tell that I am now getting roughly 25-30% of the experience I normally gain in non-instanced zones.

Was this change intended, or is it a bug? Thanks for the response either way.
  2. Potatopeeler New Member

Yes please put DZ experience back to how it was (~80% of OW). It was great to be able to XP in DZs without fear of trains or repops while looking after the kids!
    Sendori, Gnothappening, Shui and 2 others like this.
  3. Souliwarr Apprentice

Some folks said it was the same as OW exp, and it looked that way to me, but I didn't do thorough testing.
  4. ForumBoss Augur

Yes please revert this and ideally make the xp rate the same as open world. It was a great way to escape the toxic trainers.
    Shui likes this.
  5. Shui Butai

Yes change it back!
  6. Slasher Augur

It wasn't just AOC instances either.
  7. Baldur Augur

All instances? So like Vxed in GoD? Ldons?

If so, then this definitely needs to be fixed.
  8. Slasher Augur

Not all but hatching a plan was reduced by 80% easily.
  9. Erkberkles New Member

Did some testing and something looks like it accidentally got changed.

Plane of Tactics: Lvl 66 Diaku Elite Guard used for each kill
    3man group, all lvl 65. Same characters copied to test. (aware of Test exp bonus, but ratio should be the same)

Open World kill on Test gives 87.457%aaxp, DZ kill gives 65.757%aaxp. So ~75% of the exp in DZ vs OW. Matches what has been said earlier and seems about right to how it was.

Open World kill on Thornblade gives 3.483%aaxp, DZ kill gives 0.292%aaxp. So ~8% of the exp in DZ vs OW.

It looks like something got borked from the Test version of the patch moving to live.
  10. Slasher Augur

Accendo did say he wasn't aware of any intended change in a PM. A response from a dev would be nice though.
    Souliwarr likes this.
  11. Gnothappening Augur

The exp rate was supposed to be lower after the original changes. I think something like 3/4 the exp and no loot after you kill a mob the first time. Maybe they will put it back to 75% exp again for you guys.
  12. Slasher Augur

Maybe they missed a 0 :) Supposed to be 80% not 8%
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Explains the raids the other night. Usually I pull 2+ aa per raid night from raid exp in the AOC ones. Thursday it was more like 30-40% of an aa.
    Souliwarr likes this.
  14. Souliwarr Apprentice

Definitely seems like a typo. Open world zones are already crammed on Mischief so it seems changing this back would help reduce player interaction tickets and picks that stay open all day plus zone congestion in other picks with boxes zoned in just to keep the picks open.
    Twofist likes this.
  15. Slasher Augur

I would assume its a bug. Since test does not have this.
    Souliwarr likes this.
  16. Slasher Augur

It would be nice to get a response on this instead of being ignored. We see devs posting on other issues.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

So I researched.

These instances intentionally give low experience as they are only there for completing the raid, not for experience grinding.

The experience for progression instances was that way since the beginning, or within a month... I see the zone creation on 11/23/2015 10:48:12 AM and the EXP mod set to a low value on 12/7/2015 2:28:03 PM.

And specific to this one, I found the data chance on 8/6/2018 6:05:26 PM and a patch note about it in the August 15, 2018 patch:
    - Hatchery Wing: Hatching a Plan - This zone now offers reduced experience and the inhabitants will no longer drop global loot.

And this statement is correct in that there was no intended RECENT change to experience in progression instances.

If they have been giving more experience, that was the bug. The current behavior is not.
    Accendo and Derd like this.