spellbook

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by xcitng, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What is the issue with providing more information to help determine what is going on?
  2. xcitng Augur

i don't have a clue now what spells, i just picked some random ones i would never use again
    please, just let a dev look into it for me?
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You could have said that before but a dev will likely need to know what spells you where trying to delete so they can look into it and try to reproduce.
  4. Kazint Augur

There's very few spells you can actually delete.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  5. xcitng Augur

that may be so with the newer spells, but with the spells up to lvl 85 there are pages full of spells that can be deleted ... one example: there are nearly 8 full pages of mage pets that can be deleted ... even with newer mage pet spells there would be a lot
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The difference is that when you right click some spells you get 2 messages:

"Right click on another scribe slot in your spell book to swap this spell position with the new one"
    And
    "The currently selected spell can be permanently removed from your spell book by pressing the delete key on your keyboard"

And on others you only get the first message that allows you to swap positions. You do not get the second message. There is no way to delete the spell.

I went thru some random RK II spells on an All Access/Non Heroic and do not get the option to delete them, only to move them. So we can probably safely assume that RK II is one of the reasons we are not allowed to delete some spells.

But then clicking on the level 88 ranger spell lucid balm (not an RK II) and I am not able to delete that one. So that is not an RK II spell which means there are other parameters for which the delete option is not offered. Perhaps because there is an RK II version of Lucid Balm available? Hmm

These were just random samples as I believe there is a real reason some spells cannot be deleted. And I think to ask someone to go thru 120 pages of spells one by one to see which can be deleted is a monstrous task. And that would not begin to cover all the other classes/spells
  7. xcitng Augur

yes, the ones i want to delete are the ones that say they can be deleted ... hopefully the devs have a fast way of separating the two and can fix the broken delete option
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Again, it would help if you listed some of the spells you have been trying to delete so it can be determined if there is a bug saying they can be deleted or a bug in not deleting them.
  9. xcitng Augur

i just listed one above, nearly 8 pages of mage pet spells up to lvl 85 ... PLEASE stop asking me, if the devs say i need to add more i then i will add more
    why do you feel you need to come here and harass me? just PLEASE stay out of my bug report ;(
    CatsPaws likes this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Where did you list a spell that you tried to delete but couldn't? I only see someone else listing a single spell that they say but there is no indication of getting a message saying it can be deleted but was not able to.

Have you considered I am trying to help by ensuring that there is enough information in your question to determine if there is a bug or a misunderstanding of how something works?
  11. xcitng Augur

read above again ... yes, at 1st i thought you were trying to help, but after many posts even after i asked you to please stop you just keep after me ... again, PLEASE STOP
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sorry deleting post for the better
  13. xcitng Augur

i don't think there are many higher lvl spells that can be deleted ... up to lvl 85 there are a lot more that can be
    i just want to clean up the spell book from the mess that happens when doing heroic character, it may help others too that couldn't/can't get it to work without having to move all of those spells to the back of the book 1 by 1
    after the ones up to 85 are done i can get her mage spells as she levels
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I guess you don't care about getting your problem solved and just want to complain on the bug section of the forum.
  15. Fenthen aka Rath

You're still using the spellbook? I think I stopped using mine some 15 years ago. I used to have them all sorted by type and everything, and then it became overly unwieldy, and contextual menus inside of empty spell gems became the best way to mem spells, and saving spell sets is really the best method of swapping between spells during combat.
  16. xcitng Augur

yes, i still keep up my spellbooks on all of my characters, been doing it since jan 2000 ;)
  17. xcitng Augur

hopefully a dev will look into this, if there are no plans to do so please at least let me know