WinEQ2 is now WinEQ2022!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by bard007, Feb 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

You failed to complete my challenge.
  2. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Reading comprehension my dude. This thread is about one program, singular. Name ONE thing that allows you to cheat with this specific program.
  3. Bernel Augur

I'm not really familiar with this program, so I'm not talking about it specifically, but seemingly benign programs can have secret advanced features that aren't always obvious. One example I remember is a flashlight app on the Apple store that allowed you to make your phone a hotspot (or something like that). Apple didn't allow hotspot programs, so the developers wrapped their hotspot in a flashlight app and hid the fact that it could do hotspot. You had to press the screen with a certain pattern to get the hotspot enabled. Apple allowed it on the site because they thought it was just a flashlight app, but the buyers were buying it for the hotspot functionality.

I'm not saying or trying to imply this WEQ2022 program has any secret features, but just saying that you can never really say that a program just does what its published functionality says it does. If DB started having lists of approved 3rd party programs, it would be very tempting to add secret features to those programs that would not be approved.

From what I understand of this program, it seems like it's just to make it easier to switch between EQ windows. If that's all it does, it seems like it would be a relatively easy thing for DB to implement themselves. They could add a command like '/winswitch Soandso'. The EQ client would look at the running EQ programs on the system and bring the one to the front which is running the character named Soandso. From a Windows programming perspective, it would be relatively easy to do. This type of functionality seems like it would be very convenient to boxers and would eliminate the need for this program.
    Celephane and Benito like this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

My ordinal reply to this thread was that there is no point of making a list of software that isn't allowed because as soon as they do that the people releasing the software will just release it under a different name so it isn't on the list.
    Kaenneth, Ommina, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  5. Celephane Augur

and again he just misses the point, not the program, but the actions....and no one has said this program does that, but he persists
    Doranur_Aleguzzler and Skuz like this.
  6. Accendo Guest

This thread has been locked because we do not support the use of third-party programs. Please refrain from discussing them on the EverQuest official forums and Discord.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.