Ranger Jolting/enraging kicks don't trigger older synergy

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Vekaras, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

So I'm not certain this is exactly a bug, and there is an easy fix... but....
    Once you buy Outrider's Synergy 13, the previous ranks become non-functional.

(that is, the 112 Jolting Axe kicks doesnt trigger Synergy 12, you MUST use 117 Jolting Roundhouse kicks to trigger any synergy)

Admittedly its an edge case, but I noted several rangers hadnt upgraded their hotkeys (probably waiting until the slot 3 augs came out) and were still using older kicks, and not triggering any synergy at all.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Derka Power Ranger

Unfortunately it's been like this for a while. Our arrow nukes will also consume synergy charges but do not actually give damage for them. This was deemed intended when brought up in the past. /shrug
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yep, that's how it works.
    Yep, it's utterly moronic.

All Focus AAs need to work with a spell/AA/disc line and NOT specific spells in the line. I think someone screwed up on these when they were originally introduced, and in true Daybreak fashion, they just doubled down on the mistake and went with it like it was intentional.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Strumph Augur

It has always been like this and isn't a bug. It's in the description of Synergy and why would somebody use the older lower dmg disc when they're on the same timer.

Those that upgraded and didn't use the new Roundhouse Kicks on purpose should have read that use of them were required. And why wouldn't they use them? It's not like the 1 second reduction is very much compared to the increased damage of synergy from 29,000 to 43,500.

And yes our arrow spells consuming a charge is annoying and Composite consuming 2 charges! But hopefully those are on cool down when synergy is on. It'd be nice if they worked correctly. Hell they still can head shot, so why not proc.