Tower of Rot NPCs running around for no reason

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I just zoned into the static Tower of Rot, ran over to the stairs not paying much attention, and then when I got there found a bunch of mobs running down the stairs and one started attacking me. I FD'd and assumed that they were chasing someone. Then I did a /who to find that I was the only Player in the zone and the mobs were still running down the stairs. Next, I noticed that the NPCs were running there too.

All the NPCs and mobs in the zone seem to be running to a point a few floors below the first floor and then popping back to their spawn point and doing the run again. I say this because I used my Projection ability and followed them down and I reached a spot where the lower floor's mobs were running up to this point. It is all centered around the stairs. Some people in general are saying that others had mentioned it yesterday as well.

*Update* Apparently, they despawn at some point, because I had one targetted and after a while it disappeared.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Iuwene Augur

This is a known bug resulting from one of the quests in the tower having failed.
    I had it once myself.
    Petitioned for a zone reset and after that it as fine again.
    CatsPaws likes this.