0xc000007b error

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Varillian, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

So, I ran the patcher (everything is fine, it says) but can't get to the server choice screen since the message "eqgame.exe - error - can't start application (0xc000007b)" pops up and patcher closes. It worked fine before patch and now I am out of ideas.
  2. Raytan Augur

They are still patching. They were briefly up, about 2 hours ago, but came back down. I assume the patch is still going on, the header for it is still up, so maybe the reason for your message.
  3. Kanstorm New Member

Hellos

Can I ask you to check your windows computer, to ensure you are on a 64 bit windows.

The new game release today, now requires it and no longer supports 32 bit windows.

For example, if i go into Windows Explorer. Then right click "This PC", and select properties, it brings up the settings page. For me it says ( in the section Device Specification ):

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

On older versions of Windows, right click "My Computer" and "properties" should bring up info as well.

Hope this helps.
  4. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

Yes, I am on a 64-bit OS with Window 11. And the computer is also turned on.
    Already checked dirext x.
  5. Kanstorm New Member

Oh I can also add one more thing.

From the run prompt, ( windows key + R ), if you type in the 'open' box:
    dxdiag
    and then press okay, it will bring up the microsoft reporting tool.

On the front page, it says "system information" which will include a line for "operating system".

For me, that says: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, build 19044)

It's that 64-bit, that's important.

Nothing else to do in the tool, it was an alternative sight check for the windows details, so you can close it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you're on 64 bit windows, and its still not launching, then you're probably missing a dependency.

The launcher may run, but the eqgame.exe not, as it depends on other 64 bit components installed and they are missing or have 32 bit variants only.
  6. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

I even offer Windows 11 Home 64-Bit-Version (10.0, Build 22000) with DirectX 12
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

8. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

Got the dir x 9c, installed it, but nothing changed.
  9. Herf Augur

Interesting, that's a 32 bit error code :)
  10. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

Ok, meaning?
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

try rebooting your computer
  12. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

Already done this after every step. - But did it again and nothing new.
  13. Zanarnar Augur

he means, in general that error is seen when you try to run a 64-bit program on a 32-bit OS.

You said your on 11, which only has a 64 bit version so... it worked yesterday, right?
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ok start the launcher then click advanced tools then validate assets, finally the green validate button.
  15. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

It still worked this very morning pre-patch.
  16. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

All files up to date.
    Just eqgame.exe doesn't start.
  17. Zanarnar Augur

just for fun, press WIN+R and type winver and hit enter

what's it tell ya?
  18. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

Windows 11
    Version 21H2 (Build 22000.527)

but by now I wouldn't have been surprised if it had been "Atari 2400"...
    Mikana, Duder and tanith like this.
  19. Zanarnar Augur

Running any non-windows defender AV? try disabling that first.

also, make sure to exclude your EQ folder from Windows Defender.

Other then that, I'm pretty much out of ideas too. sorry.
  20. Kanstorm New Member

Sorry, I've no experience of Windows 11, my computer doesn't support it.

But lets recap from what I was talking about at the start in my earlier post, with a different view point.
    • You have 64 bit, Windows 11.
    • You have used 32 bit EQ fine on this machine. It does the EQ things.
    • 'Nothing' has changed, other than you've ran the launcher, after maintenance and it's updated the software from 32 to 64 bit.
    The error you've mentioned, was suggesting to me (hence earlier post) a 64 bit program hitting a 32 bit wall when trying to start. Nothing to do with talking to the DBG game servers, just the process of "eqgame" trying to start fails.

You probably have good, working 32 bit products installed, e.g. MS VC runtimes, the Direct X stuff etc too. It's probably a 64 bit version that's missing.

It would be helpful, if DBG detailed exactly what EQ 64 depended on, in terms of microsoft offerings for Windows. I don't mean hardware spec, or windows release; but the extra components that need to be installed; such as the runtimes and direct x etc.
    Marek and Fenthen like this.