Future Ornaments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Doogie, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Doogie Lorekeeper

Is it possible to get more ornaments added to the game? Even if it is added to the loyalty merchant. I would love to see Devlins Broken Shield, Anguish, House of Thule and Convortium weapons/shields have such good designs. Wish they would make the system like Everquest 2, make all weapons and shields to be equitable in primary/secondary and also make them a type 20 augment.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Fenthen like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

They have added ornaments a couple times per player requests, but there's some constraints on what they are willing to add as an ornament. Even though its been done before, it is a lot of design work because they have to create a lot of items/recipes and backing data for each one to make it work. Also, the graphic of an item is not separate from it's data, so art also has to deal with making the texture and attachment points for the ornament, they can't just peel off the graphic from an item and pop it on an ornament. EQ1 was tacked onto the existing item system, not created from the ground up for items to be able to dynamically alter appearance of other items like EQ2 was built on.
    Celephane likes this.
  3. NotRumzlug Lorekeeper

Pls convortium ornaments, I’d pay phat krono for some!
  4. Doogie Lorekeeper

CV and Solteris had some of the best looking weapons. Its nice that Solteris has already been converted to ornaments and what I currently use.
  5. Doogie Lorekeeper

I wonder what would be more work, modifying and adding new items to become ornaments or add 3 addition equip slots (primary/secondary/range) on a character specifically for snagging graphics of an item. That would give people reasons to go farm old content to snag old items.
  6. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Or create an ornament conversion kit, that creates weapon ornaments. One slot, insert the item, and it produces an heirloom weapon ornament of the weapon you used, applicable on the same weapon type (such as 1HP). The kit would be a one-time use, bought from the Marketplace. I propose this idea because I think it would be more complex to create a cosmetic slot for even just one of the slots you mentioned, let alone all three.

But hey DBG/DPG, how about some more 1HP spear ornamentations? Something that won't make us look like we drive an F-Compensation50.
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I remember your request on Player Studio from long long ago. I had been working on one when they claimed they would restart it, but 5 days later they closed it forever...
    and here we are today.
    Doranur_Aleguzzler likes this.
  8. Lisard Silly

am confused, UF, HoT and solteris ornaments are already in?

can get them from Loyalty Vendor, Overseer Vendor as well as Group/Raid Achievements in CoV
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  9. Doogie Lorekeeper

Yes some of that is in, Solteris is in, I should remove it from my opening post. Some of the HoT. Some cv gear is in, would be nice to see the shields and 1h/2h axe and priest mace, there is a 2 item I believe from RoF. The only demiplane item I would like to see is Devlins Shield.

edited..I made some changes because I did not know there was an overseer merchant that carried ornaments. I dont use overseer much, looks like I will be now. Those require a lot of currency.
  10. Lisard Silly

CoV raid achievement gives ya all the HoT Glowy Raid weapons/shields you can also get a couple HoT ornaments from Overseer/Loyalty vendors
    you can get the "devlins shield" from the overseer vendor, its called Vampire Shield ornament
  11. Doogie Lorekeeper

Oh nice. Thanks for the update!!
  12. Foliax Journeyman

Make all Scythe Ornaments work on non slashing, you know, for necromancers.
    menown likes this.
  13. Accuse New Member

I have been aching for a Dark Reaver/Black blade of tormenting ornament for years.
  14. Celephane Augur

Or you could just read this post from before yours

15. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Or you could reread what I said. A third option.
  16. Soulbanshee Augur

An item HAS to be created in the database first, EQ doesn't work any other way. Second, the devs have stated the graphic is not separate from the item data, you can't just "rip" the graphic from one item and connect it to another. The way items attach/display graphics is different and not compatible with the way ornaments attach/display graphics.

All a container would do is to create another source for obtaining existing ornaments, but it would still have to have the recipes/items/graphics/etc done beforehand.
    Celephane likes this.
  17. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Somethin... RIGHT??
    Same illusions, same ornaments, no crates. !!
    Player designed could fly right now too.
    That is HUGE money not being given to Daybreak right now... cause it's all old stuff.
  18. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Ya know, all those things, plus so many more, could be accomplished if they HIRED MORE FREAKING PEOPLE.
  19. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

They shut down the player designed program. I mean, all I've wanted for a long time was a normal looking 1HP spear. Not like I escaped from a Final Fantasy game or a manga, or I'm trying to compensate for something.
  20. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

For example.. Bow ornaments. I really want a new one. I'm a seasonal person. Christmas is over. My raid bow being all icy needs a new look. Rather have the Raid vender loot over the Christmas looking ore one (chest vs ore). Even the new ToL black red.. I'm NOT into it.. none of the ornaments to me look cool.. Maybe the rogue weapon. NOTHING in game really goes with Red/Black. So back on topic. It would be nice to have new ornaments.